When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Provide support at multiple customer facilities during scheduled and unscheduled PTO, other leaves of absence, site training and open positions; in some cases for extended periods of time. Duties include:
- Cover the portfolio of services provided including order entry, order management, operating customer procurement systems, stockroom services, material handling, shipping/receiving and chemical tracking.
- Conduct Site Audits
- Provide Post Coverage Analysis including recommendations for operational processes improvements
- Provide documentation of Corrective Actions resulting from Post Coverage Analysis
- Provide necessary reports for sites to prepare for Annual Physical Inventories
- Generate necessary stock reports from RIMS and distribute to team
- Conduct V-lookups to prepare Excel count sheets
- Provide administrative support for reconciliation of reports for finance
- Make adjustments to RIMS post inventory
- Partner with necessary functional areas on implementation processes
- Training of new employees and cross training of existing employees on new applications
- Assist in updating SOP’s, Work Instructions and SOW’s
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in Best Practices for Order Management, Inventory Management and Chemical Tracking.
- Obtain and maintain all necessary certifications to support all site operations
- IATA and DOT certifications
- Fork truck
- Hand jack and pallet jacks
- Handle all site operations and duties for optimal outcomes to maintain standards of excellence
- Operate across a wide variety of services such as Dock Management, Order Management, Inventory Management, training and assessment responsibilities with a high level of success.
- Perform Quality and Safety Audits while on site to ensure Regulatory, Finance and Safety standards are maintained
- Conduct operational assessments while on site and provide recommendations on operational improvement opportunities
- High light RED Flags affecting site operations for corrective action
- Partner with Site Implementations ensuring new engagements successfully meet contract obligations. Provide additional training to site personnel when and if needed
- Promote personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Listen to customer concerns, effectively diffuse dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times
- Attend required training sessions.
- Participate in projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to establish and foster positive customer relationships.
- Strong communication skills and proactive approach in all duties.
- Demonstrate expertise in the ability to identify inefficiencies in any process and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to instantly adapt to a flexible and changing schedule
- Ability to self-manage and operate independently.
- Display a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Fisher.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency in completing work assignments.
- Demonstrate a high level of accountability for site coverage duties.
- Operationally strong in all Fisher applications.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills; computer skills/Microsoft office.
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to wear a respirator
- Ability to work beyond the normal business hours
- Ability to travel extensively up to 70 – 80% of time.
- High School Diploma; BA/BS preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively and work in a wide variety of environments.
- Valid Driver’s license and good driving record]
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join