When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are searching for a talented General Manager who will have responsibility to meet the business unit objectives, along with managing P&L, attaining aggressive growth targets, and leading a global team.
The GM, Bioproduction Controls will have responsibility to meet the business unit objectives as follows:
- Manage the business with P&L responsibility for approximately $80M in revenue, consistently executing against both top and bottom line financial metrics.
- Attain aggressive growth targets (15% annually) in a complex, dynamic, evolving market.
- Directly lead a global team of professionals including marketing, technical sales and product management and indirectly lead a team including manufacturing, quality & regulatory compliance and R&D. Globally coordinate both direct and indirect resources to drive business performance.
- Strategically position business for long-term success.
- Build a high performance team by hiring, developing and engaging highly talented and motivated employees
- Drive cross-functional collaboration to achieve business results.
- Manage the product portfolio and the overall product life cycle including new product development
- Work with the Business Development team to evaluate new business opportunities, driving growth and synergistic opportunities with respect to technology, channel or otherwise.
- Manage and drive effectiveness with business relationships and contract negotiations with external partners
- Be a contributing leader of the SUT leadership team, driving collaboration to ensure achievement of growth. Demonstrate and champion core authentic leadership behaviors. Promote diversity, including with respect to experience and thought leadership.
- Utilize the PPI systems and business processes to drive alignment across functions and disciplines in support of the customer. Manage the business based on customer need utilizing pertinent metrics to measure business performance.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Prior experience leading a segment or product line, with at least $45M in revenue and/or a deep understanding and record of success in BioProduction functional responsibility supporting a business of like size.
- Strong track record of driving financial results in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to define a market segment and outline and execute against a robust growth strategy, considering various metrics and data inputs.
- Demonstrated ability to build and execute a strategic product roadmap development strategy (i.e. a product ‘roadmap’). Demonstrated ability to identify and drive complementary technologies to expand portfolio.
- Strong talent management and people development skills.
- 5+ years experience in successfully leading cross-functional teams in R&D, NPI, marketing/product management, and program management
- Strong track record of driving operational excellence and continuous improvement
- Collaborative. Ability to work across a heavily matrixed environment. Effective relationship building.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant course of study. MBA and/or additional advanced degree is strongly preferred, but not required
- The candidate will be self-motivated & a driving force of product development in their current or past organizations.
- Experience with Single Use Technology, Finesse or BioProduction
- Experience with M&A and integration efforts
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage short term deliverables concurrent with longer-term strategic milestones
- Executive presence; Strong presentation skills
- Travel: approximately 50% (primarily domestic/US travel).
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join