When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $20 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
A rare opportunity has arisen at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Formally Life Technologies) for an ambitious driven individual to join the Financial Planning & Analysis Team as a Senior Financial Analyst. This person will be a Self-starter with a strong commercial intelligence and literacy skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Commercial Finance Partner to gain experience within an exciting and flourishing industry sector and work for a leading global Life Science organization.
This position within the EMEA Commercial Financial Planning & Analysis team is designed to bring a high level of analytical experience coupled with the ability to provide commercial guidance to Senior Sales leaders and help shape the commercial success of the business. Reporting straight line into the Research Manager this position will join an established and experienced team. It is essential the successful candidate contributes from day one therefore we are looking for someone that has already worked in a commercial FP&A role previously.
- Directly support Senior Sales leader(s) on revenue and opex forecasting, planning and analysis. This will require an individual to be able to act as a strategic advisor to their Sales leader – this is broader than purely a financial reporting role.
- Responsible for the design, development, deployment and maintenance of all internal FP&A reports.
- Responsibility for the preparation of the forecast and quarterly business review
- Business partnering with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Participating in the annual strategic planning processes. This will include establishing assumptions, spreadsheet modeling, consolidation, analysis
- Responsibility for preparing ad-hoc financial analysis to support senior management decisions.
- Reviewing and updating cost and expense reports, and analysing variations ensuring alignment with the forecast.
- The role requires advanced analytical & modeling skills under a MS Excel environment. The Senior Financial Analyst will be exposed to a wide and highly technological portfolio within a fast moving market hence the need to apply rigorous analytical filters in order to manage the elevated level of complexity and transform data into actionable information.
- Interacting daily with the FP&A Managers of the different businesses within the organization and under the leadership of the Research Manager, the candidate will have to develop both standard and ad-hoc analytical reporting processes to support the Senior Sales leader(s) and to provide valuable business insights regarding revenue and costs.
- Previous experience in an FP&A role
- Strong data management experience
- Advanced MS Excel: modelling / forecasting with judgement experience
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to gather, analyse and present data.
- University level qualification in Finance related Degree, Statistics, Economics or Maths
- Strong attitude toward problem-solving and data-driven change management.
- Flexibility, entrepreneurial spirit, positive “can do” attitude.
- Team player and customer oriented.
- High degree of accuracy / attention to detail
- Ability to organize multiple responsibilities and deliver results in an accurate and timely manner while adapting to changes in priorities
- Fluent English
- Cognos experience
- MS Access experience
- Good presentation skills is a plus
- A desire to add value and providing a valuable contribution to the wider business.
- The ability to business partner and communicate with non-finance stakeholders effectively and articulately.
- A proven track record of building relationships at all levels within the organisation
- Ability to influence and strategically partner with individuals of various educational and technical backgrounds
- Second European language (e.g. German, French, Spanish).
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join