Job Title: Sr. Supply Chain Analyst
Requisition ID: 58014BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
This position is part of a group level team that is focused on leveraging information across the supply chain to enable timely and accurate decision-making. This role is responsible for architecting the data models, data flows and user reporting of decision-support information to the global supply chain community. The scope of work will be primarily between the core ERP systems and the end-user, but not necessarily within the transaction environment of the ERP systems. The role depends on deep technical expertise and aptitude, as well as broad functional experience. Success is defined by the delivery of smart analytical tools and reports that enable insights, to provide controls, and improve the precision and velocity with which we manage product flow. Building relationships with both IT and supply chain teams to understand opportunities for improvement and evolving requirements will be a critical skill that will shape your priorities and sustain the efficiency of your work. On a regular cadence, this role will participate on the team that is responsible for ensuring that standard reporting is provided to support strategic planning, annual operating planning, SIOP and monthly performance metrics. Consistent with our culture, this role will participate in global PPI projects, sharing best practices with peers throughout the organization, and increasing the overall performance of the company. Typical career paths from this role could include deeper technical roles within IT, analytical roles in broader areas of the supply chain or operations, or management responsibilities within Supply Chain Analytics.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
Design & Development
- Partner with IT and other Supply Chain Analytics team members to understand core ERP data and functionality that could enable decision support tools and reports
- Participate on cross-functional teams to develop data warehouse strategies to support the global supply chain and other critical areas within the group and divisions
- When necessary, design and implement medium to small scale databases complementing corporate data warehouses, and enable purposeful reporting of otherwise disparate data.
- Contribute to, if not lead, business process design activities to ensure that decision support tools are used effectively in the context of core business processes
- Develop and implement supply chain metrics that align with corporate Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Contribute to, if not lead, the requirements and design of a toolset to support Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP).
Analysis and Reporting
- Ensure that performance reporting is packaged such that users may cascade from global division to SKU/location to facilitate trended analyses and root cause counter measure actions.
- Challenge current analytical constructs by benchmarking best-in-class companies and academic research to ensure our supply chain team is applying the most appropriate algorithms in a practical manner to deliver results.
- Create reporting that enables management control over the integrity of key master data.
- Administer the data management required to support a world-wide SIOP process, including global demand, production plans and consequential inventory and revenue projections.
- Administer the regular reporting of a supply chain KPI dashboard, providing management with visibility to key performance metrics throughout the global supply chain organization.
- Provide technical support, analytical coaching and data access to support cross-functional collaboration across the supply chain, including Planning, Sourcing, Distribution, Customer Service, Materials Management, Quality, R&D and Finance.
Training & Development
- As needed, coach and mentor the supply chain organization about how to most productively utilize existing reports and decision support tools
- Contribute to large IT projects by educating teammates about the Group’s IT infrastructure and the manner in which information is used to inform decision-making processes
- Understand, master and often teach how to effectively use reporting software tools, such as COGNOS and the suite of Microsoft Office products, particularly Access and Excel, which are critical in analyzing data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Business Administration, Material Science, Mathematics, experience required.
- CPIM or CPM certification preferred.
- 5+ years of Materials Forecasting, Planning, Purchasing and inventory control experience in a manufacturing and/or global supply chain environment.
- Ability to interact with peers worldwide.
- Strong analytical skills, detail and process oriented.
- Effective writing skills.
- Superior communicative skills.
- Good follow-up skills.
- Strong background in forecasting and inventory management.
- High level of Excel experience required.
- Experience with COGNOS reporting tool a plus.
- Experience with MS Access, Visual Basic and SQL programming highly desired.
- Self-motivated with minimum direct supervision requirements.
This position does not have relocation assistance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join