The Lead, Logistics leads a team / wave of Material Handlers to ensure materials are managed and controlled following our Company guidelines including quality systems regulations. Primary focus is Outbound Shipping. However, flexibility to support any Logistics operation is required. Logistics Leads will ensure that materials are moved in an accurate & controlled manner.
- Focus on driving Order Fulfillment Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- Drives & motivates team to achieve timely & accurate picking, packing & shipping of all sales orders
- Effectively & accurately manage material movements
- Ensure all Hazardous Materials Shipments are shipped according to FDA & DOT guidelines for shipping dangerous goods
- Capable of managing & driving cGMP Clean Close daily
- Ability to and flex and support changes & upcoming activities to support daily outbound variation
- Provides positive leadership to the warehouse personnel and oversees their daily activities.
- Maintains all materials and processes to ensure cGMP / GWP
- Ensures all team members are working in a safe and efficient manner
- Prepares management reports including a Tier 2 board that measure the cadence and effectiveness of the activities being supervised.
- Supports PPI continuous improvement initiatives across the organization.
- Participates in the development and implementation of warehousing procedures including receiving, warehouse, material movements and inventory control.
- Management of quality issues to Thermo Fisher quality standards, including NCAR & CAPA management
- Directs teams to execute all cycle counts daily
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Logistics and Cold chain shipping
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Observe & recommend, present and justify continued improvement activities
- Ability to manage multiple activities and tasks.
- Inventory Systems knowledge is strongly recommended, QAD, JDE or SAP preferred.
- Certified in Hazardous Materials shipping
- Experience in ISO 13485 & FDA Quality requirements
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- High School Diploma or BS degree required.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join