Job Title: Senior Manager, Procurement
Requisition ID: 58165BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Senior Manager of Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) Procurement will continue the Company’s evolution in best practice procurement capabilities and organizational development. Procurement activities will be driven from a global perspective to continue to maximize leverage and overall effectiveness of supply.
The successful candidate for this role is a dynamic, high energy leader with a track record as an effective communicator and uses a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Establish and implement short and long term organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies and operating procedures
- Responsible and accountable for their AOP
- Drive all key performance metrics
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Represent Procurement and Sourcing on the Divisional Operations Leadership Team
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain/Materials Management, Business Logistics or a related area or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience in purchasing / inventory planning with at least five or more years of experience managing Managers.
- Expertise in Purchasing, Supplier collaboration, development and compliance.
- Dynamic, high energy leader with a track record as an effective communicator and uses a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Persuasive leader with strong influencing skills.
- Superior analytical and computer skills with experience utilizing analytical tools (MS Access and SQL Server preferred) and databases along with an in-depth understanding of manufacturing (MPS/MR).
- Results oriented, metrics driven leader with a root cause, permanent fix approach, continuous improvement approach.
- Must have experience and be comfortable in a highly structured/procedural environment.
- 5-20% travel.
This position does not have relocation assistance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.