Job Title: Enterprise CDS Sales Specialist
Reports to: Enterprise CDS Business Development Manager, EMEA
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently seeking a CDS Sales Specialist to drive Enterprise Chromatography Data System (eCDS) business across the EMEA region. The role will focus on enterprise projects for our Chromeleon Chromatography Data System. Chromeleon is a premier Chromatography Data System (CDS) which controls over 400 different LC, IC, and GC instruments and accessories from more than 30 manufacturers, with full bi-directional communication, extensive command options and detailed event tracking. Chromeleon CDS provides instrument control, data analysis, reporting and compliance-readiness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drives commercial sales of eCDS across the EMEA Region
- Provides pre-sales technical support to the EMEA field sales organization and local third parties.
- Provides training and coaching to the EMEA commercial team to encourage development of the regional eCDS business
- Develops services team domain knowledge of Chromeleon eCDS by offering training, coaching and general technical assistance
- Provides pre-/post-sales training and technical support to Chromeleon enterprise customers as required.
- Provides business presentations and demonstrations of eCDS at trade shows, user meetings, customer meetings and other customer events.
- Drafts technical proposals and bids for eCDS
- Strong business acumen with broad knowledge of customer requirements, industry trends and competitors.Works closely with the Chromatography field sales,Center of Excellence (CoE) and Regional Sales Support instrument groups to encourage hardware sales in Chromeleon enterprise environments.
- Successfully implements the division’s products to customers’ needs.
- Identifies and interprets customers’ requirements shaping these requirements to fit the division’s capabilities and communicates these to customers.
- Provides technical assistance, consultation and problem solving to customers as necessary and expedites orders.
- Serves as a channel of information and feedback to the division about eCDS customers, markets and competition.
- Receives guidance concerning markets, prices, products, deliveries and competition from the division.
- Coordinates with divisional resources in the performance of all responsibilities
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Decision Making Authority
- Strategic account management within the scope of eCDS market.
- Arranges services schedule with customer base.
- Arranges technical support with the customer base.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Degree level qualification in a scientific discipline.
- Broad experience of one or more of the following industries: Pharma/Biopharma,CRO, Food/Flavours, Chemical, Environmental, Forensics, Toxicology
- 3-5 years sales experience selling enterprise software and/or capital equipment
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and listening skills.
- Accurate forecasting ability.
- Willingness to travel throughout EMEA (up to 70%) and globally.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- In-depth understanding of the professional selling process.
- Chromeleon expertise is an asset
- Broad business scope
- Understanding of the sale and implementation of enterprise software solutions
- Experience with Windows network environments
- Knowledge of SQL Server and Oracle databases is preferred.
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication.
- Preparing compelling demonstrations, bids and proposals for enterprise software solutions
- Effective time utilization
- Effective troubleshooting skills
- Flexibility and creativity
- Effective “listener”
- Customer focused
- Goal oriented.
- High level of integrity and credibility.
- Willingness to accept constructive criticism/suggestions.
- Open to positive change.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join