When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Anatomical Pathology Division (APD) provides laboratories with the broadest portfolio of instrument and consumable solutions, from specimen collection and grossing to advanced staining and cover slipping. The Division generates $400MM in annual revenue and has 1,500 employees in 13 countries. The anatomical pathology product line includes Richard Allan Scientific, Erie Scientific, Microm, Shandon, and Lab Vision.
Location is remotely based in the field and somewhat flexible across the Midwest states.
How will you make an impact?
Lead the Field Service Technician team in assuring timely repairs/installations for Regional customers all in accordance to FDA regulations and ISO compliance.
What will you do?
Build a highly-responsive, well-trained, cost effective Regional Field Service Team to help us support and differentiate our products in the US marketplace. Manage working relationship with the external Field Service contract support and BMET organizations. Monitors Regional Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure performance and ensures compliance with customer service agreements.
Provide leadership for on-site service and repair of highly complex and fully integrated diagnostic automation systems used in hospitals and private laboratories. Duties include but are not limited to:
- A working supervisor, leading regional efforts in conjunction with central team to resolve and support customer issues.
- Manage escalation of critical, complicated service calls and provide expertise to resolve the issue. Provide on-site support as needed in the Region.
- Prioritize territorial requirements (service calls, installations, and regional needs) and establish realistic schedules to meet requirements
- Direct teams to perform instrument installations, troubleshooting, repairing and performing preventive maintenance, and handling service calls
- Build and manage team metrics such as response time, first visit repair, and cycle time
- Ensure team strives for high levels of customer satisfaction
- Build closer relationship with Territory Account Managers and support post-sales activities
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in a scientific field of study
- 3+ years of field service experience or 3+ years of leadership experience in the biotechnology industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Excellent communication skills and be able to interface with customers in a positive, professional manner
- Proven ability to lead a team to diagnose and resolve problems on sophisticated electronic, mechanical instrumentation in a laboratory environment
- Ability to lead and develop employees with varying levels of development & experience to meet business goals.
- Customer Service system (satisfaction) exposure / experience
- Ability to travel 80% or more
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join