About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
A challenging opportunity exists in finance to play a key role in managing the financial success of the Canadian Microbiology Business Unit. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for the analysis of financial reports, trends and opportunities and support of the annual operating plan. You will also leverage your understanding of cost accounting standards and principles to perform advanced cost accounting work and compare actual costs to standard, analyze variances, develop standard cost data and accurate inventory valuations
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Sourcing /Productivity
- Review scorecards to ensure overall forecast matches business needs
- Validate and/or investigate savings conversion into gross margin
- Key metrics/Strategy reporting and monitoring
- AOP support
- Factory results analysis, reporting and reviews
- Complete annual factory supplemental reporting
- Provides Ad Hoc reporting on as needed basis.
- Participate in PPI projects.
- Standard Costing
- Create and maintain SKU level standard costs in accordance with corporate policies and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Collaborate with manufacturing personnel on structure and validity of BOM and routing data. Update, collect and study data to determine costs of business activities.
- Provide accurate, timely costing information to the business to support business decisions.
- Review and develop standard work to ensure variances arising from purchase prices and process orders are investigated and any necessary corrective actions implemented.
- Assist in the analysis of financial data and assess relevant information; interpret data for the purpose of applying past financial performance to future standards.
- Provide support as required for cost benefit analysis related to projects and/or programs.
- Inventory reporting and analysis
- Manage the excess and obsolete inventory reserves based on guidance from corporate policy.
- Actively participate and provide leadership in various projects to improve the operational and financial effectiveness of the plant.
- Strong communication/leadership skills.
- Bilingual English/French preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance.
- 3-5 years’ experience in finance related roles
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- SAP (or major ERP) experience preferred.
- Experience with Hyperion (financial management reporting tool) or strong aptitude for multidimensional financial databases a plus.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join