When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Inventory Control Manager (Finished Goods) will assume the global demand and supply planning for Quality Control finished-good products by providing input to new lot demand planning, ensuring proper allocation of inventory, managing changes in demand, and close monitoring of lot management. This person will work closely with factory-based Demand Planning Manager, field-based Regional Commercial teams, and a diverse customer base.
How will you make an impact?
- Manage the day-to-day Quality Control products once they are in Finished Goods inventory on a global basis.
- Monitor the demand cycle and changes ensuring close interaction with Demand Planning and Regional Commercial teams.
- Manage the monthly forecasting process by working closely with Regional Commercial teams to ensure accurate demand forecast and agreed upon target builds.
- Improve cost savings by minimizing inventory write-offs and scraps through accurate demand forecasting.
- Allocate inventory based upon first in, first out (FIFO) method while managing tight supply situations to maximize efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain close communication with the Demand Planning Manager on scenarios where demand changes/fluctuates and ensure win-win results.
- Liaison with Regional Commercial team on inventory reserves, safety stocks, turns, and progress to target consumption.
- Conduct analysis on inventory aging to determine amount of inventory at risk for scraps and work with team to develop a solution to minimize write-offs.
- Work with Commercial Teams (sales/marketing), Demand Planning Manager, and Customers to ensure we meet our inventory requirements.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
- A minimum of 7-8 years of direct related experience in supply chain planning/inventory goods management with a strong focus on delivering exceptional customer service skills.
- Experience in bioscience supply chain within medical device, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical industry with a strong preference for IVD experience.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong proficiency with Excel; knowledge with MRP system; QAD is a plus.
- Ability work effectively with remote teams and foster open communication.
- Some travels required up to 10%.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join