About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Exceptional forecasting, budgeting, and financial modeling talent to support our Commercial Leadership team in driving toward enterprise goals and EBITA growth. This role favors the extremely analytical who thrive on the challenges inherent in dissecting complex problems, utilizing facts/data to derive a conclusion and delivering clear recommendations to drive results. Success in this role will require an ability to proactively partner with key stakeholders to provide financial leadership, controllership and oversight for the Americas region.
- Business Partnering - partner with Americas Commercial Leaders (Sales Directors, Marketing and Product Management) to provide support and insight for all business quotes and existing business re-quotes to ensure optimum pricing & margins and a solid financial case.
- Forecasting - responsible for monthly and quarterly forecasting ensuring accountability and accuracy with a clear plan to achieve planned results, including defined risks and opportunities.
- Price – responsible for the Americas pricing target, tracking actuals and providing understanding and support to the business to drive key actions.
- Commissions - responsible for the Americas sales team commission plans from a finance perspective, ensuring full accountability of the AOP is cascaded down and appropriate bonuses are paid. Further develop the Sales compensation plan to ensure alignment with key business objectives as well as streamlining, harmonizing and automating the process as much as possible.
- Take full ownership for the Americas P&L revenue number ensuring all G/L postings made by the Accounting Services team are correct and all reporting is accurate.
- Ensure proactive and timely communication of insightful commercial performance information /reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to drive successful achievement of the monthly and quarterly target expectations as well as identifying growth and profitability improvement opportunities by closely focusing on market and portfolio trends.
- Build the annual revenue AOP along with / revenue annual operating plan (AOP) alongside the commercial teams ensuring accountability is appropriately assigned.
- Support the commercial teams on decisions around effective headcount investments and resource re-deployment.
- Establish a set of meaningful KPIs and regularly challenge monthly KPI performance
- Review marketing initiative performance and provide challenge and suggestions towards improvements.
- Effectively recruit, train, evaluate motivate and lead Americas Commercial team, including objective setting, regular feedback and development and performance reviews.
- Supports, embraces and promotes the Thermo Fisher 4 I valves – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Ensure adherence to all global standards, policies and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business Administration or MBA, and a recognized accounting qualification.
- CPA highly preferred.
- Experience of effectively leading and developing teams in a matrix environment.
- 5-10 years of progressive business experience in finance roles specifically working with the sales / Commercial teams and Revenue planning.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with non-finance people.
- Proven ability to positively influence within the wider organization, encouraging team work and cross functional collaboration.
- Proven ability to understand key drivers of business performance with an analytical mind and the ability to translate this into insights for others.
- Must be customer-oriented and solution focused. Is disciplined in approach to quality, attention to detail and is focused on delivery
- Previous experience of working closely with commercial functions and being able to demonstrate results delivery through those relationships.
- Experience in commercial and manufacturing finance preferred.
- Experience with SAP, Hyperion and Cognos a strong plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group setting with little direction at times.
- Occasional travel can be expected with this position.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join