The Demand Planner for the Inchinnan facility will be responsible for management of LSG demand and support the EMEA region. The Demand Planner will operate as a lead point of contact for matters specific to their customer and be the liaison between customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our products. Additionally, this position is responsible for leading the monthly demand management process and the integration of the output from this process into the Sales, Inventory and Operation Planning Process (SIOP). Supports and works closely with Sales, Customers, Supply Chain, Operations and the Business Team.
- Support the timely and successful delivery of products.
- Responsible for generating monthly and quarterly firm and rolling forecast. Responsible to drive SIOP process which includes sales, production and product management team to align entire demand and supply and generate the consensus forecast.
- Implement and maintain adequate demand sensing techniques & processes to ensure the timely adjustment to supply based on latest business intelligence and actual demand trends
- Responsible for close coordination with procurement planners in terms of sharing the forecast, issue resolution, and material stocking strategies.
- Responsible for matching the finished product planning with the customer orders/forecast in the ERP system for use in the planning process.
- Schedule and facilitate reviews with the planning team to ensure proper alignment of customer needs and production plans.
- Compile metrics and perform analysis for SIOP (Sales, Inventory, Operations, and Planning)
- Develops and maintains metrics to track performance and contribution for their area, such as forecast accuracy, line fill rate (LIFR), backorders, and days of supply (DOS)
- Communicate with customer service regarding any issues affecting delivery.
- Supports an environment that promotes positive communication and interaction between departments.
- Exhibit a passion for improvement and professionalism.
- Actively participate and contribute as member of the Supply Chain Organization.
- Drive continuous improvement through PPI project participation and leadership.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable QS, ISO and FDA requirements.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or similar discipline.
- Experience in production planning/scheduling/customer service or a combination of those disciplines.
- General knowledge of Supply Chain procedures (planning, supply management, capacity leveling, product deployment and inventory control).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with an ERP system and common software applications. (Oracle E1 a plus)
- Proficiency with MS Office products with expertise in Excel
- Experience in analyzing data and production planning
- Excellent Organizational, documentation, and communication skills
- Customer interaction experience
- APICS CPIM
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment