As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 700 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers and laboratory automation solutions. The Vantaa facility houses several different functions such as R&D, marketing, sales, service, logistics, quality as well as instrument and reagent manufacturing and is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station.
Manufacturing Engineer Reagents production/ Tuotantoinsinööri reagenssituotantoon
We are looking for a proactive Manufacturing Engineer with a background in engineering, industrial engineering or biosciences. Ideally the person has experience of production processes in a regulated industry. The selected candidate will support the production processes and design transfer of new products into manufacturing in Operations organization for the Clinical Diagnostics business. In addition the Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for documentation, process validation and technical process support of the selected consumables produced by external suppliers. The position is fixed term for 13 months and starting as soon as possible.
We are looking for an individual who can work independently, is able to make analysis and draw conclusions and has the ability to document and write reports. You communicate efficiently with different counterparties in the organization and want to learn new skills. Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development through the course of your career.
- To develop and maintain the chemical reagents manufacturing processes in the Vantaa Operations.
- To participate in the validation process of new reagent products used in clinical and industrial diagnostic analyzers for various analyses. To participate in the design transfers, product ramp ups and tasks related to maintenance of the production. Responsible for the planning, testing, data processing, reporting and documentation of the validation projects.
- Supplier contact person for technical product, manufacturing process and project issues.
- Responsible for the customer feedback handling process for the products in own responsibility area.
- BSc degree in biosciences (e.g. biochemistry, microbiology) or other related field, Laboratory Technician, and/or relevant work experience
- Knowledge of production management systems and production processes is preferred
- Organized, flexible, persistent and proactive way of working
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English and in Finnish. Good MS-Office skills
Additionally we value:
- Knowledge and experience on statistical methods
- Knowledge of IVD quality requirements and regulations and validation requirements
- ERP knowledge (especially SAP) and understanding of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems, like AGILE.
- Knowledge of ISO13485 and ISO9001 standards and understanding of validation requirements.
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV and a salary request in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference: 58481BR.
Please apply by December 17th, 2017.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Heikki Ryynänen, Production Manager, 010 329 2151 (Thursday 7.12. 13:00–15:00 or Tuesday 12.12. 12:00–13:00).
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join