About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com .
Job Title: Field Service Engineer I
Reports To: Jeff York, Regional Service Manager
Career Band: 4
Job Track: Professional
Position Location: MA
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Day/Shift (if applicable): Day
FLSA Status (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Non Exempt
Relocation (if applicable): No
This position is primarily focused on the customer service aspect of Unity Lab Services. The Lab Equipment Engineer will perform a wide variety of duties related to the installation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of laboratory equipment with minimal supervision. This position will utilize the functionality of systems and applications in support of various customer centric activities which include the Microsoft Office suite of programs and well as internal applications. The tools that will be employed include desktop computers and telephony. Customer interface communication skills are required. It is also expected that this position will have a basic understanding of the performance metrics applicable to site specific activities.
- Assist in the maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of lab equipment and instrumentation in accordance with established Standard Operation Procedure's, including:
- -80 freezers
- -20 freezers
- Water Baths
- Water Purification Systems
- Lab Automation Systems
- Preventative Maintenance
- Corrective Maintenance
- Effectively communicate with end users on the equipment on maintenance, its tasks and requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic operation of appropriate tools and equipment such as Multi-Meters, Temp Meters, CO2 Meters.
- Complete work orders, logs and paperwork associated with tasks in a reliable, consistent manner.
- Demonstrate high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to respond to emergency calls.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Four Year Degree or equivalent
- Computer literate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office program, especially Excel and Outlook.
- Work Overtime, as required
- Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs, with assistance.
- 2+ years of relevant laboratory work experience, preferably biotech/pharmaceutical related.
- Possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site including providing clear, concise communication with customers.
- Collaborate with the on-site commercial team.
- Deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Display a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Work primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at a customer location.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join