When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Formulations Value Stream Manager is responsible for all aspects of bulk formulation, which includes testing, in-process release, batch record reviews, and product trouble shooting. Work closely with Planning and Filling teams to prioritize schedules, in order to achieve product availability objectives, while maintaining high degrees of IVD and cGMP standards. This position requires close partnership with Quality Assurance to ensure the Manufacturing Team maintains a high degree of compliance with company and regulatory requirements. Collaborate with Engineering, Technical Operations and other internal teams in order to realize productivity and delivery objectives. As a people manager, the Formulations Value Stream Manager will use effective allocation of resources within the department as well as guide the development of future leaders, scientists, and associates.
What will you do?
- Manage formulation (reagents, calibrators, controls) team to manufacture and ensure adequate bulk inventory to satisfy direct and OEM commercial sales needs.
- Identify opportunities within the Formulations value stream, without compromising the customer’s experience, to improve gross margin, decrease inventory, improve product availability, and reduce leakage.
- Develop aggressive goals and champion the use of appropriate metrics to monitor, drive progress in the above objectives, and make data driven decisions.
- Participate on CAPA and non-conformance investigations as needed and champion the reduction of GMP related issues.
- Be customer centric and represent the Formulations Department during customer visits and support customer inquiries as needed.
- Continually help to improve the company culture by practice and example to the 4”I” values of Thermo Fisher Scientific – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Identify opportunities for material and labor productivity and adequately resource projects to realize hard savings from key opportunities.
- Partner with Planning to ensure effective prioritization and schedule adherence.
- Partner with Quality to ensure high state of compliance within the Formulations Department.
- Partner with R&D and Technical Operations during new product introductions and product transfers.
- Partner with Customer Service and Supply Chain to ensure adherence to schedule and product delivery to meet customer needs.
- Partner with Engineering and Manufacturing Services to ensure efficiency and increased productivity and quality of bulks formulated with improvement ideas.
- Partner with Product Management to ensure full product viability and perform periodic review of product offering.
- Complete all company required training programs.
- Provide updates or presentations to site leadership regarding status of projects or programs.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Biology or Chemistry
- Experience building robust processes in a highly cross functional environment.
- Minimum 1.5+ years’ experience in supervisory environment with leadership capacity utilizing continuous improvement tools and achieving high level buy in from multiple functional areas. 7+ years of industry related experience in a cGMP/ISO regulated environment.
- Superior organizational skills with ability to multi-task and balance high complex and technical work activities.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and deliver desired results on projects.
- Display an understanding of required levels of business acumen.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to work as a team player and team builder.
- Excellent communication skills for group presentations and intercompany written and verbal communications.
- Solid skills using MS Office, Outlook, and MRP/ERP Systems.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join