Internal Job Profile Title: Vertical Marketing Manager, India, Food & Beverage
Job Posting title: Strategic Marketing Manager, Food & Beverage
Department: CMD Vertical, ATBU, AIG
Location(s): Mumbai, India
Reporting Relationship: Sr. Director, Food & Beverage Vertical Marketing
The Food & Beverage Vertical is a global team which has been created to truly advance the market-specific solutions and capabilities developed and offered in the Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD), Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) within Thermo Fisher Scientific. By enhancing the products and services within the division and enabling our commercial channels to effectively go to market, we know that we can make our Food & Beverage customers more successful, faster. This highly dynamic team of accomplished marketing scientists has been given the responsibility for designing and executing impactful workflows and applications to execute business strategies and marketing campaigns. In this newly established Customer Applications Center (CAC) management role, we look to an experienced scientist and manager to lead a team of accomplished scientists to build key workflows, applications, marketing tools and content to enable the business functions within CMD business units and commercial channels to make our customers more successful.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and grow the food & beverage brand equity of Thermo Fisher Scientific, for all CMD products.
- Bring a keen understanding of customer requirements and competitive market dynamics.
- Define new/emerging/niche applications.
- Lead workflow definition, testing, validation and resonant marketing content generation.
- Manage the support of marketing demonstration systems.
- Identify and work with key opinion leaders.
- Collaborate with market development, marketing, business units and R & D teams within CMD to create application roadmaps and deliver resonant customer solutions.
- Manage and co-ordinate competitive bench marking and assist with product/workflow positioning.
- Facilitate training and enablement of field demonstration and applications support teams.
- Support annual marketing campaigns with voice-of-customer (VOC), technical data and positioning.
- Facilitate attendance and content presentation at trade shows, conferences, workshops and sales meetings to support awareness and lead generation.
- Work directly with market development and the commercial team to identify key accounts, understand customer needs and provide direction and support on product and workflow positioning and VOC.
- Build relationships with local regulatory organizations to provide alignment and visibility of Thermo Fisher Scientific products and services.
- Organize and support the creation and deployment of commercial sales training to improve selling skills and proper positioning of CMD products and services.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry or related subject; MSc/Ph.D would be highly desirable. .
- > 10 years’ experience working in the chromatography and/or mass spectrometry analytical instruments segment.
- Deep understanding of Food & Beverage industry, commercial drivers and industry dynamics.
- Prior experience in global and/or vertical applications solution and strategy development, and/or experience in commercial/analytical global key account support.
- Ability to travel up to 25 %.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Comfortable with working in a matrixed organization, with multiple groups and stakeholders.
- Capacity to develop a strategic understanding of the Thermo Scientific brand, the food sciences industry, analytical instrumentation, consumables and software.
- Ability to improve return on investment (ROI) and directly impact revenue.
- Personable, experienced people manager.
- Strategic thinker, able to create strategy, and adapt to grow faster than the market.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, presentation, communication (verbal & written) & influencing skills.
- Proven track record of managing multiple complex individual & team assignments autonomously & on time.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, entrepreneurial mindset.
- A team player with a bias for action and driving projects to completion.
- Open, honest communicator, with solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan, execute and measure with a strong sense of urgency to drive results.
- Collaborative approach to developing and sharing strategy, tactics and analytics.
- Strong ability to form relationships with CMD commercial and business unit counterparts, influencing without authority. Responsive to commercial needs.
- Independent, self-starter, comfortable with setting goals and direction for self and others.
- Ability and confidence to prioritize focused, targeted strategies when faced with wide business direction choices.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Demonstrates Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
This position is not approved for Relocation Assistance.