When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Global Trade Compliance Program Manager is responsible for ensuring all import and export activities are completed within applicable government rules and regulations. Assist in developing and maintaining the import and export compliance programs at site level. This includes, without limitation, adherence to applicable US and non-US laws and regulations pertaining to international trade as well as ensuring compliance with Thermo Fisher Scientific corporate policies.
What will you do?
- Develop, implement and maintain programs, policies, procedures and controls to ensure site-wide compliance in accordance with guidelines of CBP (Custom and Border Patrol) and other relevant agencies.
- Responsible for the daily operations all exports and imports compliance task
- Interface with freight forwarders, US customs officers, custom brokers, internal and external customers on all matters pertaining to customs and import and export regulations.
- Audit import entry filings; resolve discrepancies, request appropriate corrections, reconcile or protest as appropriate; verify valuation methodology
- Manage and assign HTS classifications, Export Control Classification (ECCN) FDA import product codes and country of origin information.
- Manage import/export recordkeeping process in compliance with guidelines set forth by CBP and Thermo Fisher’s corporate policy.
- Ensure that proposed transactions are screened for Denied Person and Entities, restricted end-uses, and diversion.
- Conduct internal audit and assessment of business activities for adherence to import/export procedures throughout the business lifecycle, including early-stage review of new products and classification/characterization of commodities through final delivery to customer.
- Monitors measure, and report Kep Performance Indicators (KPI) on adherence to regulations and procedures in the conduct of import/export.
- Evaluate all new Government agency requirements to ensure import and export compliance with changes and incorporation into day to day operations and standard operating procedures.
- Identify and analyze causes of international and domestic compliance issues and gaps and generate recommendations to management.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, including Legal, Logistics, Supply Chain, Sales, IT, and Engineering to develop and execute defined procedures.
- Participate in, develop and conduct training activities for individuals and groups pertaining to import and export regulations.
- Act as change catalyst and drives global change and global process improvement.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in import and/or export roles.
- Licensed U.S. Customs Broker preferred, but not mandatory.
- Solid knowledge of US Customs Harmonized Tariff Schedule, Government Agency Import/Export regulations (i.e. CBP, Census, BIS, EAR, OFAC,ITAR) .
- Ability to work within teams and independently with minimal supervision.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask, prioritize and be adaptable.
- Solid communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly manipulate data and draw appropriate conclusions.
- Ability to interface professionally with all levels and functions of the organization, including serving providers.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in order to implement GTC initiatives across cross-functional departments.
- Applies a sense of urgency to resolve problems and supports root-cause analysis.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to apply judgment and discretion.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join