Thermo Fisher Scientific is looking for an energetic and experienced professional to join our team as Senior Manager of our Digital Science Technical Sales team. The qualified candidate will build and manage the technical sales team in the Americas and Europe, with close coordination with the technical team in Asia Pacific. The candidate will have prior working experience delivering technical product demonstrations combined with contemporary knowledge of scientific industries. The Senior Manager of the Technical Sales team will work with the Senior Director of Sales to establish global best practices for the team and drive achievement of the Digital Science bookings goals in NA, LATAM, and EMEA.
- Manage the NA/LATAM/EMEA Technical Sales team to deliver technical sales support to the Sales Teams in region.
- Develop and implement strategy for technical product demonstrations delivery across the Sales Regions for the Digital Science portfolio.
- Achievement of Digital Science bookings goal in partnership with the Sales Team.
- Implement best practices for approval of Sales requests of Technical Sales resources.
- Coordinate assignment of Technical Sales resources to Sales Opportunities.
- In partnership with Regional Sales Leaders, hire Technical Sales staff in region.
- Work with Sales Leaders to understand Sales Pipeline and plan for technical resources to support development of business.
- Coordinate Technical Sales approach with APAC team while driving strategy.
- Understand Software Product functionality and applications for Market areas.
- Partner with Regional Sales Leaders and Services staff to evaluate and respond to RFPs.
- Evaluate Technical Sales team members for performance and continued development.
- Work with Sr. Director of Sales to develop and report metrics for team utilization.
- Other duties as seen fit.
- Understanding of information technology and enterprise information management solutions and their benefits.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals, manage time, tasks and risks, meet deadlines and manage heavy workloads.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, collaborate across teams and with stakeholders and to establish rapport and credibility at all levels.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in an environment of high complexity and change.
- Ability to manage change and resolve conflict.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Well organized and able to work under pressure.
- Very strong customer focus.
- Experience with Enterprise software implementations.
- Experience with LIMS implementations.
- Experience with SaaS and PaaS software delivery models.
- Multi-lingual proficiency.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Degree in Science, Engineering or Information Technology.Working knowledge of scientific laboratory.
- Minimum 5 years management experience.
- Minimum 10 years experience in technical roles in the enterprise scientific software industry.
- Experience within the pharmaceutical or process industry pharmaceutical or mining industry or consumer products or oil and gas or related scientific industry.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join