Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
For our site in Vienna we are currently looking for an Account to support our team in part time (30h/week).
The role is currently limited to one year.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Entry of the day to day accounting records like incoming invoices, travel expense reports, bank statements etc.
- Prepare and post various monthly journals like payroll, recurring entries, reserves etc.
- Prepare outgoing payments
- Ensure proper documentation are available to back up various journals and properly signed off
- Validate postings on the various GL’s to ensure that costs are properly recorded ( GL account and period wise)
- Prepare and validate balance sheets specifications (reconciliations)
- Prepare and recharge costs to different other Thermo Fisher Scientific entities on a periodic basis
- Main point of contact for external tax advisor who is responsible for the statutory bookkeeping according to Czech law (make sure all documents posted in SAP are forwarded to the tax advisor for Czech books in time)
- Support VAT Reporting and VAT reconciliation process between SAP and Czech bookkeeping system
- Support preparations for external and internal audit and tax documentation in liaise with the Accounting Manager and External Tax advisor
- Support the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting according to Corporate policies
- Support ad hoc reports and questions linked to General Accounting matters
- Any common task that can arouse within the Accounting department.
Decision Making Authority:
- Enforce adherence to Corporate Approval Authority Matrix/Accounting Policies.
- Adherence to all internal controls procedures relative to the GL function
- Embody Thermo Values in dealing with internal & external customers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3-5 year experience in a similar position.
- Excellent Communicative skills
- Fluency in English language - written and oral, Czech language skills would be an advantage
- Ability to work independently
- Able to work with tight deadlines
- Willing to "walk the extra mile" to complete commitments and deliverables
- Team player
- Capability in Excel, Word, Outlook or equivalents
- SAP knowledge beneficial
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join