As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 700 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers and laboratory automation solutions. The Vantaa facility houses several different functions such as R&D, marketing, sales, service, logistics, quality as well as instrument and reagent manufacturing and is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station.
Senior Project Manager
Do you want to be part of a company known to be a fast paced global leader in serving science? If you are interested in utilizing state of the art software technologies to turn physical phenomena and chemical applications into competitive software solutions and products and you enjoy working with high technology products in an innovative and international working environment, this is your position.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting an experienced Senior Project Manager to our Project Management Office to work with world known scientific laboratory instrument systems and software, which are used for different purposes such as liquid handling, DNA/RNA purification, sample preparation and sample analysis.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading project teams and managing activities associated with highly visible projects, that are long term, business unit wide and have significant, scope, complexity & risk. This role is focused toward end-to-end project management, demonstrating ownership of the entire process from beginning to end. The projects will range from R&D focused projects including new product development and enabling technologies, to broader business unit initiatives such as portfolio consolidation, manufacturing processes, marketing and commercial initiatives that can involve locations and teams in several countries.
- Creates and executes project scope, goals, milestones, deliverables and timelines and applies standard project management methodology, tools and practices
- Organize and execute projects in accordance with the business unit’s New Product Development Phase Gate Process. The Phase Gate Process is designed to be compliant with FDA / ISO Design Control for medical devices.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project work plan and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identifies resources needed and gains agreement on assignment of individual responsibilities
- Manage development of new products, from conception through launch with a strong focus on on-time, on-budget and on-target delivery
- Responsible for understanding problems, bringing issues to resolution, and escalating as necessary to meet timelines
- Execute robust Risk Management practices to proactively develop and execute appropriate contingency/mitigation plans to contain the risk and prevent evolution of open issues
- Identify gaps/areas for improvement and initiate corrective actions and identify best practices within the company, and outside of Thermo Fisher, and serve as a conduit for best-practice sharing
- A bachelors’ degree or higher in engineering/technology or related field plus 10 years of direct work experience
- Minimum 5 years of direct project management experience – in R&D, product management or engineering project management functional groups, with proven ability to deliver products on time, on budget and on target. PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or equivalent is a strong advantage but not mandatory.
- Strong organizational skills to work independently and ability to prioritize a heavy workload and ability to work on deadline centered, complex projects requiring multi-tasking
- Significant project management leadership experience and demonstrated success influencing diverse groups toward common goals
- Experience with Software/Cloud development an advantage but not mandatory
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills both in English and Finnish
- Exceptional interpersonal & demonstrated change management skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise cultural sensitivity and to lead the team in a data-driven, and unbiased manner
- Proven track record for developing, training, and coaching employee teams in a continuous improvement environment and passion for driving business improvement and leading change in a large, complex, and heavily matrix global organization
- Be willing to travel domestically and internationally (10%)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and facilitation/time management skills that require minimum supervision and financial acumen and budgetary skills are very important
- A self-starter, results oriented, positive and proactive, solution focused approach
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter, CV and salary request in English. Please apply via https://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Ref. 58543BR.
Application deadline by Monday the 18th of December.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Senior Recruiter Essi Lovén-Kujala, 050-3586635 on Monday the 11th of December between 14.30-15.30.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join