Thermo Fisher Scientific (Life Technologies) has an opportunity for an experienced English & Speaking Customer Service Rep at its African HQ in Johannesburg. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic individual to join a fast paced global Life Sciences organization at a time when the business in Africa is growing rapidly.
Language Requirement: English
This position is responsible for the provision of a consistently high quality of Customer Service to both internal and external customers. All tasks should be carried out in line with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) maintaining at all times the Departmental Standards, while striving to attain the personal targets and team targets as set by the department Manager/Team Leader.
Depending on the department section, the following tasks will be carried out:
- Accurate completion of order entry
- Telephone duties
- General office duties
- Replying to customer enquiries
- Handling customer complaints
- Liaise with carriers
- Liaise with internal departments such as sales, logistics, warehouse, technical and marketing to obtain information for customers.
- Become knowledgeable of the Customer Service functions of the SAP system.
- Any other administrative task as deemed appropriate by the Manager. Tasks will be assigned in line with the Career Progression Ladder (current or training levels).
- Each incumbent is responsible for carrying out his/her tasks in a timely and accurate fashion. He/she is responsible for ensuring that the telephone lines are adequately covered before switching off their phone.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/ or assigned.
Nature and Scope:
- This position reports to the Customer Service Manager.
- The incumbent is responsible for conveying matters of concern to the department manager either directly or via the Team Leader/Senior CS Reps as appropriate. Incumbents will maintain the highest personal working standards and performance with emphasis on quality and service thus upholding the Company’s commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers as well the ability to handle confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Job encounters recurring and routine work situations with occasional variations from the norm. Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations. Normally receives instruction on routine work, general instruction on new assignments.
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position. Initiative and organization skills are extremely valuable to ensure good customer service.
- Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, and positive attitude and perform as a team player.
- Must have the training and ability to operate, set up, maintain, and trouble shoot various types of office equipment according to equipment and SOP manuals.
- A good basic standard of education or relevant experience is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- English speaking is essential.
- Previous demonstrable Customer Service experience in an international environment is essential
- PC skills essential.
- Experience of ERP systems is preferred: JD Edwards / Oracle E1 or SAP
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands - Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join