When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
A Sales Development Representative, for the Laboratory Products Division (LPD), will qualify leads to generate sales opportunities through inbound website and campaign leads. The LPD Sales Development Representative’s primary objective is to connect customers with sales representatives and allow them to further the lead through the sales process. The Sales Development Representative will maintain and be expected to consistently meet monthly and quarterly lead conversion goals through accurately notating activities in Salesforce.com in a concise and comprehendible manner.
· Produce qualified prospects by following up on leads from various inbound/outbound marketing programs.
· Initiates and answers inbound and outbound sales calls directly from/to prospective and or existing customers.
· Utilize internal and external data resources to conduct research on organizations and contacts to help drive quality of new leads and sales opportunities.
· Uncover needs through discovery to determine the best solutions for each account based on a customer needs analysis.
· Manage a lead pipeline with persistent focus to obtain and win business.
· Manage lead pipelines in accordance to Lead Processing SOP.
· Meet goals and timelines and utilize exceptional time management skills.
· Utilize Salesforce.com to accurately and effectively track activity and update lead, account, and opportunity information, as appropriate.
· Assist in the development of best practices within the lead generation sales process.
· Maintain strong knowledge of the organization's products and services, and build interest by understanding the needs of the customer and offering appropriate solutions.
· Partner with marketing teams as appropriate to improve and assist in the development of lead generating programs.
· Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent relevant experience required.
· 1+ years of experience in a Sales, Demand, or Lead Generation focused role preferred.
· Experience in technology, retail or equivalent industry with high degree of complexity preferred.
· Capacity to absorb complex information and apply it accurately and quickly.
· Goals and results oriented.
· Coachable with a willingness to learn and take direction.
· A talent for conducting independent research and data mining.
· Experience and ability to build and maintain cross-departmental, multi-functional and collaborative relationships preferred.
· Knowledge and experience with business software applications including MS Outlook Suite (Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel,) and virtual communication tools required.
· Experience with Salesforce.com preferred; or an equivalent CRM solution.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join