When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Senior Test Technician position reports directly to the Production Manager and is responsible for fabrication, verification and processing of Neutron Tubes; implementation of procedures and processes related to Neutron Tube manufacture; and the maintenance and repair of related vacuum processing and fabrication equipment.
- Development of processes and procedures related to Neutron Tube fabrication, vacuum tube processing, tritium loading, tritium handling and storage, and tritium survey management
- Area ownership for selection, installation and maintenance of equipment, fixturing, and tooling used in the fabrication and processing of Neutron Tubes
- Committed to continuous improvement activities and capable of managing multiple projects in a fast paced, constantly improving environment.
- A self-motivated, a team player capable of seamlessly working with engineers, management and production personnel
- Responsible for maintenance and management of tritium storage and handling, tritium loading of Neutron Tubes, tritium system loading and replenishment, tritium logs and manifests and hazardous waste disposal and transportation
- Equivalent of associates degree in related scientific of technical field with at least of 6 years of relevant work experience
- Production assembly methods and skills that include soldering, brazing, welding, use of work instructions
- Experience and strong understanding in the use of vacuum equipment such as vacuum pumps, leak detectors, gas analyzers, pressure measurement equipment, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing vacuum systems and other industrial equipment
- Ability to work directly from drawings, schematics and verbal instructions
- Must have a valid Green Card or be a US Citizen
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join