Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Job title: Field Service Engineer IC-LC, Unity Lab Services
Location: Italy - Naples or Rome area
- Working on instruments belonging to the IC-LC groups (Ion Chromatography and Liquid Chromatography) such as ICS, Intergrion, Vanquish, etc.
- Performing on-site installation, repair, maintenance, qualification, and validation.
- Assuring to deliver all the activities related to the specific instrumental branch (i.e, Installations, Basic Trainings, Repairs and Maintenances, Qualification Services) by the highest possible efficiency.
- Assuring customer satisfaction through excellence in repair and support.
- Being client-focused, working in conjunction with other ULS teams and Sales.
- Scheduling by priority all the repair, maintenance and qualification jobs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Drawing the attention on all those possible cases that could become Hot cases.
- Maintaining spare parts inventory, tools, manuals and test equipment.
- Taking care of customers inquires reporting them to the different Departments if necessary.
- Being perfectly conscious of the importance of the individual contribution for reaching the Company goals related to Revenues, CAS score and Cash Flows.
- Actively promoting and selling installations, extended service contracts, preventative maintenances, time & material services, service part kits and consumables, service trainings, etc...
- Advising customers of new products and upgrades and reporting sales opportunities to account representatives.
- Performing all the service activities in compliance with the Company rules.
- Following the 4i (Integrity, Involvement, Innovation, Intensity).
- Costs saving clear vision.
- Professional background in Electronics/Chemistry/Engineering.
- 3+ years Field Service experience or relevant Industry experience (background in Ion and Liquid Chromatography is a plus)
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities.
- Ability to schedule and work independently, and as part of a group, to accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Customer/business-oriented with ability to independently resolve routine customer satisfaction problems.
- Detailed understanding of service functions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to work across all levels, functions and regions.
- PC skills
- Driving License
- Willingness to travel mainly within the appointed region but frequently as well through Europe/European Territory.
- Willingness to make international travels for Training Courses in all EMEA Territory and US.
- Good English skills, both verbal and written
- 50%+ Travel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job.They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join