When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Clinical Trials Division, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is a leading provider of the global clinical supply chain. With
unwavering commitment to service, science and process engineering, Fisher Clinical Services is powered by people with an exceptional commitment to quality, deeply instilled ethics of personal responsibility and unrivaled expertise. We are exclusively focused on serving the packaging and distribution requirements of clinical trials across the world. Whether planning, packaging, labeling, storing, or distributing the important supplies needed to perform clinical research, for more than 27 years Fisher Clinical Services has been committed to delivering the highest possible value while ensuring adherence to the highest level of quality, performance, reliability and sustainability standards. http://www.fisherclinicalservices.com/
This is a remote position that can be located anywhere within the U.S.
The Senior Manager, Ancillary Supply Chain Management oversees a subset of the Clinical Ancillary Management operations, building customer relationships and developing a best in class ancillary management capability. This position drives strategic investments in personnel and systems to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
- Manages and directs a team within the Clinical Ancillary Supply Chain Management group. Oversees daily operations while focusing on expanding the specific client team’s revenue and customer base.
- Partners with both customers and team members to develop study level plans that enable planned enrollment, project management, forecasting and ancillary product requirements planning
- Participates in strategy development and executes strategy to further the priorities of the service line.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on Clinical Ancillary Management and provides business development support to the commercial team in meetings with existing and potential clients.
- Monitors and reports client team revenue performance to plan and proactively recommends and implements alternative strategies and tactics to address revenue shortfalls.
- Gathers and analyzes financial information pertinent to budgeting and forecasting activity for the department including responsibility for budgetary aspects of personnel expenses, and other related costs
- Interprets protocols to assess resource requirements for new client opportunities and finalizes pricing for the quoting team
- Manages resource management process and project staffing of their group within the CAM team
- Provides direct management, mentoring and ongoing coaching and development support for the team of Clinical Supply Chain Managers and Ancillary Supply Coordinators in addition to day to day management of assigned personnel
- Develops standards for employee and department performance
- Administers the Performance Management Development process for designated team including mid- year and year-end performance discussions on time per company guidelines
- Holds staff accountable for their ongoing performance, acknowledges exemplary behaviors and implements progressive discipline, if necessary.
- Conducts regular team meetings to assess the status of studies, identifies necessary resources, and proactively addresses issues
- Monitors and tracks training requirements of all direct reports utilizing iComply
- Conducts candidate screening process, interviews, and makes hiring decisions
- Creates and maintains appropriate internal and external metrics to ensure business success
- Engages and participates in global initiatives that are related to or involve Clinical Ancillary Management
- Identifies improvement opportunities for the CAM team
- Utilizes understanding of Clinical Trial Supply Chain Management best practice principles to develop new or improve existing business processes and appropriately document and revise or develop associated training materials
- Stays abreast of relevant cGMPs, GCPs, and other regulatory requirements and ensures study management activities are aligned
- Demonstrates the ability to promote the company vision
- Conducts activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Other duties may be assigned to meet the needs of the business
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business or science-related field (equivalent work experience may be considered)
- Minimum of seven (7) years supply chain management experience
- Strong financial management and people management skills are critical to this position
- Experience leading diverse, direct and matrixed teams
- Excellent computer skills, including high proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Significant travel (up to 20%) may be required, including international travel
- Ability to independently manage priorities in a remote setting
- Experience working with clinical research professionals is desirable
• Possesses an understanding of and has expertise in the field of clinical supply chain management, including experiences in managing complex clinical trials with regards to their supply chain
• Embraces change and quickly adapts to new situations, changes in direction, and priorities
• Proven leadership skills to lead the team and business through change
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to include excellent relationship building
• Ability to use multiple computer applications including a high level of proficiency in Excel
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Proven experience with customers in a dynamic environment
• Strong organization and self-management skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and respond to change
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Project management skills
• Ability to identify problems and work toward a solution
• Demonstrated experience with multiple global clinical trials
• Proven people leadership success
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Bio systems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services. Apply today at http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join