Job Title: Project Manager
Reports To: Director, Business Development & Strategy Deployment
Career Band: 7
Job Track: Professional
Position Location: UK, Runcorn
Number of Direct Reports: 0
The Project Manager will be responsible for executing, driving, coordinating and reporting on project performance in the business unit. This role will lead and manage NPDI and non-NPDI projects including sustaining, OEM and operations projects. This role will ensure that projects are completed on time, on target and within budget, to achieve the desired goals. Conducts and participates in resource mapping, business case formulation, and own adherence to the product development process.
- Responsible for a subset of projects, including new product development and sustaining projects as well as operations projects.
- Lead multiple cross functional project teams simultaneously with members from various functions across the world
- Develop task level project plans and empower the team to succeed by showing clear ownership and driving accountability of tasks
- Assures that projects are organized and executed in accordance with the business unit’s Product Development Phase-Gate Process.
- Assures that projects are managed utilizing the Project Management Competencies of Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Risk, Resource planning, Communications, and procurement in order to successfully complete project deliverables as planned.
- Assure that project execution disciplines and tools are consistently applied
- Monitors progress of projects in the portfolio, and leverages that visibility to drive effective change management and resource management that will support timely resolution of cross-functional issues.
- Maintains communication with the Senior Project Manager and the BU leadership team, ensuring awareness of potential roadblocks, risks or challenges and proposing solutions
- Identifies resource constraints between projects and works with the Senior Project Manager and the BU leadership to propose and implement project changes based on priorities and critical path
- Responsible for gate review content and timing as per the project management process and post-launch project reviews to ensure lessons learned are integrated into current and future projects
- Maintain and communicate project performance metrics, setting and maintaining high expectations.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- B.S. or M.S. in a scientific or technical discipline with chromatography background
- A minimum of 2 years of experience managing projects
- Experience leading, influencing and managing cross functional teams
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- PMP Certification (PRINCE2)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of core project management skills such as facilitation, planning, financial analysis, change management, stakeholder alignment, risk management, communication planning and results delivery
- Proven experience managing significant change management and strategic initiatives across large multinational organizations, preferably in a corporate setting and in an organization with a global workforce where projects are executed with shared resources.
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations to senior management outlining program benefits, status, issues and recommendations
- Self-motivated, with minimal direction and ability to manage multiple projects with shared resources
- Experience working with R&D and Operations projects
- Demonstrated cross-cultural and cross-functional experience, i.e. experience in working with team members in different functions and cultures and in different time zones
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Global travel estimated at less than 20%
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific corporate values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join