As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 20 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting a Field based Account manager to join our team of Bio Sciences Commercial experts in Denmark. This division is a part of our Life Sciences Solutions Group and BID was formed after the acquisition of Life Technologies by Thermo Fisher Scientific in 2014. The division includes legacy Life Technologies’ former life sciences business (with the exception of its Bio Production business) combined with Thermo Fisher’s molecular and protein biology reagents businesses from its former Bio Sciences business.
The Account Manager for will be responsible for driving growth with the following product ranges within the Life Science Research market: Applied Bio systems, Invitrogen, Gibco, Pierce, Fermentas, Ambion, Molecular Probes and Novex. The role also includes responsibility for demoing and selling low through put real time machines as well as end point PCR machines and finding leads for Flow cytometers & EVOS imagers.
Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of professional growth and development opportunities through the course of your career.
Your key responsibilities:
- Drive sales activities to close opportunities to meet or exceed revenue goals, profit goals, and market share goals consistently within expense guidelines.
- Demonstrate clear product/technology expertise to confidently serve as the field-based expert in Immunoassays.
- Visit all customer levels and functional areas, using solution selling techniques within assigned territory to influence purchasing decisions.
- Engage with our distribution channel partners to train on the portfolio, generate leads and close opportunities.
- Demonstrate use of advanced selling skills in the field, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, asking high gain questions, creating the value proposition and closing. Has proven solution and large opportunity selling skills.
- Develop presentations and customer proposals including structuring appropriate pricing and contract milestones.
- Prospect for new opportunities to successfully develop leads and sell assigned portfolio of products and services.
- Communicate effectively, and is the ‘connector’ within the large matrix between customer, field application specialists, commercial sales team, product management, different sales teams, support, service, marketing, executive, and other salient groups to develop business.
- Maintain and increase current customer database through company customer relations management software.
- Field travel as necessary (50% or more)
- Utilize proven organizational skills to successfully manage territory sales activities.
- Provide comprehensive information on all activities to Direct Manager, Sales Representatives and District Managers in supported territories.
- Participate consistently and play an active positive role on regional calls and other operating mechanisms.
- Provide regularly oral and written communication of successes, failures, best practices etc to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization.
Requirements for your experience, competencies and education are:
- Degree in Cell Biology, Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and industry/functional experience. Graduates in Science with some sales experience considered.
- Previous sales experience
- Ability to navigate accounts in broad geography effectively and advance the capital equipment sales process consistently.
- Highly proficient sales and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple high value, long sales cycle business opportunities simultaneously.
- High motivation and energy level to develop new business
- Fluent in English, additional languages would be an asset.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
We additionally value:
People that succeed in our team share a certain phenotype. It’s in our DNA and the foundation of what makes us successful.
• We share a core mission. What we do matters and we can make a difference through the jobs we do.
• We thrive on competition.
• We need that energy, and enjoy the stress that comes with it.
• People and culture matters deeply.
• We celebrate diversity and teams. Fun is a critical element. We excel at working effectively across teams.
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV, please visit the Thermo Fisher Career page https://jobs.thermofisher.com/
(job reference: 58334BR) If you have questions, please contact Karen Rimmer (Recruiter for the Nordics) email@example.com
Deadline for application: 17th December,2017
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join