When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Clinical Ancillary Strategic Sourcing Specialist is responsible for the identification and development of global suppliers of medical devices, laboratory equipment, consumables and other healthcare-related products to support the Clinical Ancillary Management team. Leverages Thermo Fisher Scientific products, relationships, and our global distribution network in order to drive continuity of supply to the patients we serve and maximize the profit potential for goods purchased.
- Create and manage global strategies for key product categories to ensure ancillaries can be successfully procured and distributed in multiple countries.
- Develop global manufacturer relationships to ensure consistent supply of products at international clinical trial sites.
- Identify and develop region-specific supply chains as required by local markets.
- Partner with the Commercial team to identify industry trends and translate those requirements to guide supplier development.
- Assist the BSD Sourcing team with advancing vendor audit programs, standard operating procedures and vendor performance metrics.
- Lead and participate in quarterly business reviews with key ancillary suppliers.
- Create robust supplier development programs that includes pricing structure, volume discounts, rebates, quality management and on time delivery.
- Identifies all the ancillary components of a given project (sometimes provided by customers and sometimes only described) including, but not limited to: country of origin, manufacturer’s address, product images, CE marking, and unit weight for import license requirements.
- Maintains a product database of all soured materials including photos, instruction and manuals, import/export, license requirements, etc. on a continual basis.
- Responds to internal and external requests for ancillary product solutions on a daily basis.
- Researches ancillary products to determine best products to be used for various new and ongoing clinical trials.
- Identifies potential areas of concern with ancillary products and projects to allow for proactive troubleshooting.
- Partner with other Thermo Fisher Scientific divisions to create holistic solutions for our clients.
- Engage with vendors to increase compliance with our corporate payment terms and work aggressively to generate reductions to year on year price, without sacrificing quality.
- Use Practical Process Improvement (PPI) tools to find effective ways to improve department effectiveness and drive out departmental waste.
- Analyze historical and forecasted spend by item/supplier.
- Partner with Sales, Clinical Supply Chain Managers, Quotations and local Procurement to develop optimal solutions and satisfy customer requirements.
- Model and foster excellent customer service (internal and external) in all functions and responsibilities.
- Model Thermo Fisher Role Model Leadership competencies in all interactions.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision.
- MCIPS/BS/BA in business or the sciences
- Seven or more years of experience in purchasing, project management, client services, healthcare, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Superior analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Proficiency in personal computer applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proven track record of success
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time
- Direct experience in the ancillary, lab supplies, healthcare or CRO industries with drug development and/or clinical supply services preferred
- Must be a results oriented individual with the ability to work cross functionally and with diverse populations
- APICS, CPM, CPIM and/or equivalent certification a plus
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join