When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The US Distribution Center Senior Inventory Coordinator involves working as a liaison with third party logistics support contacts, USDC buyer / planners, Thermo Fisher factory contacts, and suppliers as needed, to review part numbers, order status and physical unit status. In addition, this role is responsible for providing prompt resolution of inbound receiving problems as well as facilitating the timely processing of customer returns. This position also serves as a back up to the Logistics Inventory Control Analyst. Interaction is made with the 3PL support team, department staff, and Customer Service on a regular basis. Some interaction with Thermo Fisher managers or staff from Technical Support and Field Service Engineers is also required in providing regular communication and updates concerning order status and problem resolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Inbound Order Support
- Return Material Authorization (RMA) Order Support
- Prioritize & Expedite Order Tracking
- Customer Returns Receiving
- Item Master Data Processing
- Physical Inventory
- Inventory Verification & Containment
- Additional duties include, but not limited to, filing, faxing, paperwork distribution, records retention, etc.
- Act as key liaison with third party vendor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- One to two years in a warehouse/shipping/receiving environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Computer experience required
- SAP experience preferred
- Accurate typing skills
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to schedule and work independently, and as part of a group, to accomplish individual and team objectives
- Good attendance record required; dependable
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include reading forms and documentation; operating computer terminal, and general clerical work.
- Specific job duties that require the physical demands itemized above include talking to internal/external customers and suppliers on the phone and in person; filling out documentation, and keying information into computer system.
Location: Madison, WI
This position has not been approved for relocation
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status