When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
This position will be in the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD), part of Analytical Instrument Group (AIG) of Thermo Fisher Scientific. Responsible for architectural development of the Instruments Connectivity Initiative. A successful candidate will represent leadership skills in both architectural and development disciplines with general understanding of the laboratory instruments and workflows including expertise in providing device connectivity at scale, cross device communication, data brokering and storage, and contemporary technologies related to the Internet-of-Things (IoT). Driving development of instruments interaction platform and standardization across the Division and enabling higher level of intelligent machine-to-machine (M2M) interoperability and automation.
- Drive architectural collaboration across CMD business units, to develop a common framework in how the instruments and client services interact and connect
- Lead the investigation of industry standards, API, data architecture, security, event management and relevant middleware
- Enable meaningful communications between devices using contemporary semantic methodologies, domain taxonomies, and ontologies
- Lead the proof of concept development to establish technical and business feasibility.
- Evangelizes and drive technical and architectural migration to the framework.
- Build technical collaboration and partnerships with Cloud platform and solution providers (AWS, Azure etc.)
- At least 5 years of Software development with 3 years of architectural experience in instrument control or instrumentation interfacing software applications
- Strong recent hands-on design and development experience with platform independent API development with consideration for scalability, security, flexibility and ease of use
- Experience in designing instrument or system control software, embedded systems and device drivers development
- Experience building web services using JSON, REST and other similar web service technologies
- Working knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture and Complex Event Processing
- Experience with IoT technologies such as MQTT, STOMP, or CoAP, and Cloud service bus.
- Good understanding of network architecture and secure communication protocols
- Working Knowledge and demonstrated experience in Cloud technologies and modern distributed architectures including experience working with Amazon Web Services or Azure Cloud
- Experience with Semantic Web Technologies and Resource Description Framework (RDF)
- Demonstrated success in cross-organizational technical collaboration and product development
- Strong analytical and communication skill
- Good working experience of software development life cycle and Agile development methodology
- Some exposure to laboratory instruments such as Mass Spectrometer, Chromatography, LIMS or other scientific data analysis software is highly desired but not required
- Mass spectrometry or NGS laboratory experience is a plus
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written, with technical and executive audiences
- Strong software and systems architectural experience
- Highly motivated, self-confident with a collaborative working style that fosters participation and contribution by others
- Strong interest in Cloud based technologies and business opportunities related to the science enabled by our products
- M.S or B.S in Computer Science, Software Engineering, EE or related fields preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to travel
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join