When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
This position will be in the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD), part of Analytical Instrument Group (AIG) of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The successful candidate will be responsible for design and development of instruments connectivity framework for Cloud and IoT environment. Enabling scalable device connectivity, cross device communication and interoperability. Defining and developing the intersection of embedded systems architecture, instrument control and contemporary technologies related to IoT and cloud computing.
- An active contributor to architectural definition and collaboration across CMD business units, to develop a common framework in how the instruments and client services interact and connect
- As a key member of the development team responsible for delivery of the framework including the API, data architecture, security, event management and relevant middleware
- Active role in the proof of concept development to establish technical and business feasibility.
- Enable meaningful communications between devices using contemporary semantic methodologies, domain taxonomies, and ontologies
- Evangelizes and drive technical and architectural migration to the framework.
- At least 3 years of Software development in instrument control or instrumentation interfacing software applications·
- Strong recent hands-on design and development experience with platform independent API development with consideration for scalability, security, flexibility and ease of use
- Experience building web services using JSON, REST and other similar web service technologies
- Working knowledge Service Oriented Architecture and Complex Event Processing
- Experience with IoT technologies such as MQTT, STOMP, or CoAP, and Cloud service bus
- Good understanding of network architecture and secure communication protocols
- Working Knowledge and demonstrated experience in Cloud technologies and modern distributed architectures including experience working with Amazon Web Services or Azure Cloud
- Experience with Semantic Web technologies and Resource Description Framework (RDF)
- Demonstrated success in cross-organizational technical collaboration and product development
- Strong analytical and communication skill
- Good working experience of software development life cycle and Agile development methodology
- Some exposure to laboratory instruments such as Mass Spectrometer, Chromatography, LIMS or other scientific data analysis software is highly desired but not required
- Mass spectrometry or NGS laboratory experience is a plus
Critical Hiring Criteria:
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written, with technical and executive audiences
- Strong software and systems architectural experience
- Highly motivated, self-confident with a collaborative working style that fosters participation and contribution by others
- Strong interest in Cloud based technologies and business opportunities related to the science enabled by our products
- M.S or B.S in Computer Science, Software Engineering, EE or related fields preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to travel
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join