The Advanced Cell Systems Characterization team at ThermoFisher is responsible for testing various Primary tissue derived products including cells, RNA and subcellular fractions along with reagents and for a variety of biological applications. Our team is dynamic and fast paced, relying on teamwork, multitasking and communication within the team and the larger organization. We are seeking an energetic individual with strong communication, technical and operational skills to join our team. The candidate will be a specialist in manufacturing. Candidate will follow SOPs and work in compliance with EH&S, Quality, and any other required manufacturing or company systems (e.g. E1, Agile, Trackwise, etc.). Under indirect supervision, responsible for generating high quality products. Ability to identify and address quality issues and report to supervisor any possible deviation to approved processes. Ability to use and troubleshoot processes in daily duties. Directly involved in collateral activities such as Kaizen, 5S, inventory management, cycle counting, etc. Adopt a positive attitude which contributes to a healthy work environment.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of scientific principles, cellular biology.
- Culture and maintain cells using aseptic technique.
- Perform a variety of cell-based assays and incubations, some of which include radioactive, hazardous and/or controlled substances.
- Experience and expertise with some common molecular procedures such as RNA/DNA isolation, PCR/RT-PCR.
- Experience executing various biological assays such as ELISA or protein assays.
- Make solutions from powder or liquid stocks.
- Perform a dilution series to create a standard curve.
- Equipment experience: Flow cytometer, Centrifuge, Pipette, nanodrop, balance, Agilent, Mass Spec, HPLC.
- Utilize intermediate math skills to perform data work ups (e.g. concentration, substrate turnover velocities, compound accumulations, chromatography analysis etc.)
- Record information accurately into various electronic databases (e.g. raw and calculated data, inventory transfers, routing hours)
- Think critically by applying experience and logic to resolve a variety of problems (escalates issues).
- Must be customer focused, able to work under pressure with team.
- Anticipate needs and problems while creating solutions.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Proven ability to consistently and independently follow policies and procedures; written and verbal instruction, and to meet schedules required.
- Working knowledge of business computer software with logistics related databases desired and ERP systems experience. Trackwise, Agile, JD Edwards Enterprise, Documentum.
- Organize and prioritize work to ensure on-time delivery.
- Periodically review and discuss your priorities with team and supervisor.
- Actively participate in maintaining a safe, clean, and functional work environment.
- Responsible for the completion of all tasks assigned daily; this may require more than 40 hours in some work weeks including weekend or off-shift work.
- Work regular shift and additional on call schedule as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Biology or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 0-5 years of related experience.
- Cell culture Experience
- Prior scientific or manufacturing experience preferred.
- Quick learner
- Sets example by demonstrating excellence
- Detail oriented
- Creative and innovative
- Excellent at multi-tasking
- Hard working
- Highly organized
- Positive attitude
- Team Player
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join