When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
This challenging entry level engineering position requires a hands-on, innovative, and goal- oriented individual with strong verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate with have tremendous enthusiasm to both show the team what they can do and learn from senior staff. The successful candidate will join a multi-disciplinary product development team that will design, test, and document electrical systems that will be integrated into state-of-the-art spectroscopic instrumentation. This position will report to the Electrical Engineering Manager for R&D.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Mixed signal, analog and digital circuit design
• Create schematics
• Embedded hardware design using microprocessors, microcontrollers and FPGA
• Author engineering specifications
• Author and conduct electrical test plans
• Support Design for Manufacturing
• Support Design for Testability
• PCB layout design support
• Contribute to design reviews
• Validation and debugging of complex systems
• BSEE degree with related experience
• US citizenship or Permanent Resident
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Embedded systems
• Electrical measurements
• Printed circuit board layout
• Analog circuit design
• FPGA design
• Fluent in at least one computer programming language.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join