When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Scientist I, Manufacturing Sciences will simultaneously manage and prioritize multiple projects and products across multiple functional groups while meeting target due dates with minimal supervision. Responsibilities include:
- Design, create and/or provide experimental task to designated Scientist or self and be able to look at data and complete analysis using Fusion, Orchid, or equivalent software
- Ability to understand and perform Scientist I job responsibilities.
- Work independently, or with peers, to actively improve processes and procedures, as well as develop and implement solutions.
- Adapt, implement and train current and new Scientist I/II lab functions/procedures to other Scientists and provide guidance and support throughout projects and product builds. (SAP, Operate UV spectrophotometer, thermal cycler, agarose gel electrophoresis, UV image analyzer, Luminex 200, FlexMAP3D, high speed centrifuge and other hardware. Reconstitution, quantification, QC test, organization and maintenance of all raw materials such as oligonucleotides, ancillary reagents, and genomic DNAs, etc.)
- Monitor performance of equipment/machines/tools and manufacturing processes
- Drive the day-to-day operations to maintain the workflow
- Manage, plan, and design experimental methods with minimum supervision to achieve technical objectives as well as identify and solve problems with moderate complexity
- Prepare accurate and timely reports to Scientist III and/ or Management
- If necessary, support team as backup during supervisor absence
- Manage, update and maintain required SOP’s and quality records of equipment maintenance, tests, analyses and other relevant data
- Implement and execute Practical knowledge of PPI Business System/LEAN concepts including continuous improvement with minimum supervision
- Be able to identify goals, review and update Supervisor throughout the year and complete the PMD
All laboratory personnel are expected to notify their immediate supervisor of any unsafe conditions and/or practices and to take appropriate corrective action. This position will have daily contact with other laboratory personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Molecular Biology or related field
- Two (2) years of experience in a laboratory setting
- Understands and applies principles, concepts, theories and standards of HLA and scientific/technical field or software within own area
- Deeper knowledge within area of specialization. Expands and deepens technical knowledge through exposure and continuous learning.
- Good knowledge of related regulatory/industry considerations, compliance issues and/ or scientific discovery
- Recognizes and understands the cross-dependencies of technologies and understands the value to the organization
- Knowledge and extensive hands-on experience of molecular biology and recombinant DNA techniques
- Able to make decisions and complete work within deadlines
- Good organizational and project management skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in decision making and execution of duties with minimal supervision
- Collects and organizes data in an appropriate manner, including documenting all experiments in a laboratory notebook or appropriate documentation
- Ability to use PCs for data input and/or analysis
- Excellent computer MSOffice skills, including work experience
- Plan and organize oneself in a consistent manner and maintain work schedules. Be a self-starter with the ability to positively motivate others in a cooperative fashion
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Read, understand and implement written laboratory procedures
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
- Builds productive cross-functional relationships with colleagues in other functions, including but not limited to the following: Marketing, Sales, R&D, Operations, Regulatory/Quality, Supply Chain, and Product Management
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all functions of the business
- Encourages/challenges others and self for continuous improvement
- During situations that have high impact to the business, quickly escalate them by bringing solutions and consulting with Supervisor
- Be able to efficiently handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Develop skills to perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive laboratory and business data
- Ensure that safe laboratory procedures and protocols are followed at all times, especially in the application of universal precautions in handling of all blood and blood products
- Ensure all processes and teams are in adherence of cGMP and GDP
- Ensure compliance with corporate, site, and regulatory policies, practices, and guidelines
- Communicate effectively with members of the group as well as those in other departments
- Work as a cooperative member of a Production team
- Frequently work at lab bench, low temperature freezers and PC workstations
- Handle blood samples and blood byproducts occasionally
- Some lifting of objects including laboratory instrumentation of 35 pounds
- Work in office/computer/analysis
This position has not been budgeted for relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join