This position offers a challenging opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced finance leader to play a key role in managing and securing the financial success of Environmental and Process Monitoring (EPM), a $270M standalone, global and fast-growing business unit in the Chemical Analysis Division (CAD). When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $20 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Reporting to the EPM Finance Director, the Senior Manager of FP&A is a critical business partner to the entire global EPM Leadership Team and a leader of two direct reports. Simply put, this role is not merely about planning and reporting, but critically about enabling and ensuring profitable and cash-strong growth of the business by working closely with all members of the global EPM team, every day, to influence results and drive accountability.
Key responsibilities include establishing the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), driving the monthly and quarterly reporting cycles, leading the monthly forecasts, and driving weekly and daily reporting across a global footprint of manufacturing and distribution sites in the U.S., Europe, India and China. Critically, this position must establish and maintain controls and processes for timely, accurate reporting – with a focus on consistency and efficiency – in compliance with approval authority matrices and company policies. This position offers the right candidate great exposure to all levels of leadership in a fast-growing, global business with a diverse workload and clear objective of being a true business partner to the leadership team.
- Manage Annual Operating Plan (AOP) process, timeline, and deliverables, including presentations to BU and Division Leadership Teams.
- Generate Monthly Business Review (MBR) and Quarterly Business Review (QBR) packages, including Risks & Opportunities (R&O) Forecasts
- Partner closely with operations leadership team to manage cost, productivity, working capital, and product transfers
- Analyze Site and Product Family P&L’s and influence behavior to drive profitable growth, strong cash flow, and ensure accountability
- Drive rigorous accountability of financial objectives and forecasts to the function and site levels
- Lead weekly order/sales management (OSM), provide insights on bookings/revenue trends, and drive actions to help EPM achieve its targets
- Analyze budget variances and work closely with factory Controllers and functional leads to understand and drive performance improvements to meet AOP targets
- Lead efforts to reduce E&O and minimize bad debt
- Lead, develop, and coach a team of two direct reports with a focus on results, partnership, and their individual development plans
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field; MBA preferred
- 7+ years of progressive finance experience, with at least 2 in a manufacturing environment
- Must be passionate about getting to the root cause of issues – not simply reporting variances but driving to the “why’s”
- Proven ability to obtain buy-in at the executive level
- Well-developed analytical and interpersonal skills with ability to draw conclusions and communicate/present them confidently and effectively to broad audiences, including senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to partner with functional leaders toward a common goal of achieving business objectives
- High energy and confident ability to influence diverse teams to achieve goals
- Organized, structured thinker with ability to handle multiple assignments, remain calm under pressure, work flexible hours and digest information from multiple, disparate parts
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Not afraid to challenge conventional thinking or analyses
- Excellent computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office suite and Hyperion (HFM) or strong aptitude for multi-dimensional financial reporting databases
- Career-driven and interested in advancement to further responsibilities
- Ability to travel 10%, including international locations
- MBA preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join