This is a senior level leadership role with responsibility for leading the India strategy and digital marketing. Primary responsibilities include supporting the development of India business strategy and implementing the same, in conjunction with the overall business leadership team, to drive greater customer and partner division value, competitive differentiation, and ensure that India builds upon its position as the leading digital science company.
In addition, this leader is also responsible for the development and implementation of comprehensive digital marketing and eBusiness programs targeted at the core markets that we serve today, as well as market adjacencies that represent opportunities for expansion, and leverage new technology to improve customer service and customer experience. This includes determining ways to effectively reach and monetize online scientists and researchers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement business strategy and annual planning processes with the business leadership team to drive greater customer, cross-divisional value and competitive differentiation; leverage strategic deployment tools.
- Contribute to assessment of business investments, priorities/trade-offs and capacity utilization.
- Identify and assess regional, industry and technology trends and develop recommended actions to accelerate revenue and share gain.
- Lead a global digital marketing organization in a matrixed operating environment. Specific areas of focus include: omni-channel marketing (e.g. SEO, SEM, Social, email, web content, events) customer profiling, analytics, affinity selling, merchandising, and mobile technology
- Meet demand generation (sales ready leads) and eCommerce targets to ensure sales pipeline and divisional revenue, profit and market share goals are met. Track and report-out ROI.
- Develop successful marketing programs in collaboration with portfolio management, eBusiness & commercial to drive growth.
- Evolve the India customer experience and buyers journey across our web platforms in collaboration with eBusiness. Ensure content, selector guides and other tools drive engagement.
- Development, refresh and effective utilization of customer-facing marketing and commercial program materials including concepts, tool kits, collateral, and communication plans
- Lead the India Marketing Council by leveraging/sharing best practices across divisions, leverage opportunities for collaboration and enable workflow branding/solutions. Manage department budgets tightly.
- Shape, communicate and enforce brand identity principles and guidelines in conjunction with corporate marketing.
- Implementation of commercial excellence (CE) projects: The role of CE is to increase the level of commercial discourse and decision making in the company. Each business function and division will setup project teams to deliver various projects on CE. This role will need to support these teams with best practices from within and outside organization.
- Implement CE roadmap for the company.
- Between 15 and 20 years of b-to-b marketing & strategy deployment/commercial excellence experience
- Consumer marketing and agency experience is desirable
- Sales experience is highly desirable (e.g. direct/inside/channel)
- Strong fundamental knowledge and operating foundation in digital marketing and eBusiness.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the infrastructure requirements of marketing, including marketing automation, Web marketing, business intelligence and marketing point tools (e.g. email).
- Excellent strategy, planning and execution skills with proven ability to drive results
- Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, business and market development, digital marketing, market research and planning and promotions/advertising
- Effective communicator (verbal, written and presentation), with a demonstrated ability to influence through a straight-forward style of communication
- Highly developed commercial and business acumen; an ability to recognize growth opportunities and capitalize on them
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, influencing and collaboration being key skills.
- Ability to understand, analyze and assimilate complex issues, draw correct conclusions and formulate clear strategy and policies