Group: Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG)
Division/Business Unit: BioSciences Commercial (BID)
- Consistently achieve or exceed the territory sales plan by maintaining existing business, developing incremental business in existing accounts, and conducting cold calls to develop new accounts.
- Demonstrate use of selling skills in the field, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, asking high gain questions, creating a value proposition and closing.
- Call on all organizational levels and functional areas, using Strategic Selling techniques within assigned account which influence purchasing decisions.
- Develop, write, and execute a business plan for managing assigned territory annually, updated quarterly.
- Communicate account objectives and action plans to management via weekly calls and reports as well as other communication vehicles.
- Provide product and other relevant information to customers via daily phone and email contact and personal visits for all aspects of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s business to generate sales.
- Utilize existing and potential customer status regarding Company and competitors’ products in strategic selling presentations.
- Support marketing programs and programs in other territories as assigned by the Sales Manager, and assume a leadership role in doing so.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or related field; or the equivalent combination of knowledge and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years related work experience and at least 1-2 years of related sales experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Cell Culture and Molecular Biology is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, or like programs.
- Field selling experience in the Academic Research Market
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join