When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information Our Asheville NC site is a Center of Excellence (COE) and has been previously awarded Industry Week Magazine's Plant of the Year.
How will you make an impact? The Cold Storage business is a flagship business for Thermo Fisher Scientific. We’re seeking a professional who can maintain and grow this business segment. If you thrive in complex business environments, challenges and driving tangible business results this will be the right opportunity for you.
What will you do? The Cold Storage Senior Business Director is a global position leading a team that is responsible for the growth of one of Laboratory Equipment Technologies (LET) key business segments through innovation, channel optimization and effective product line management to maximize revenue and profitability. It will also be a key part of the Asheville Site Leadership. This position is an integral part of the business unit’s leadership team and requires management and development of direct reports.
Key Responsibilities: ·
· Financial Performance – meet and exceed revenue and operating profit targets in yearly operating plan for the business segment.
· Business Segment Leadership – Identify products, technologies, and capabilities needed to advance market position; perform make/buy/partner analyses to identify investment priorities, and recommend investments as appropriate. Drive product life cycle and technology development roadmap for future investments linked to market driven customer needs. Responsibility for leading and driving all key strategies ensuring alignment of NPD, Research and Development, Marketing, Software Development across the portfolio. · Product Management – lead a team of product managers to develop and execute a business segment strategy, including defining product roadmap, determining business priorities, launching new products, managing product life cycle, exploring business development opportunities, implementing strategic marketing and go-to-market plan and tactics to drive profitable sales.
· Cross-Functional Leadership – strengthen and manage global cross-functional business teams to ensure alignment on programs, manage issues and capture functional input relative to tactical and strategic planning to achieve growth objectives.
· HRR – Drive Human Resources Review (HRR) process and supporting initiatives to hire, develop and retain a strong talent base within the segment. · PPI – Drive change management initiatives and champion a practical process improvement (PPI) environment.
· Business Segment Planning and Forecasting – takes leadership role in influencing and driving accurate forecasting utilizing processes such as the sales, inventory and operations planning process (SIOP).
· Marketing – partner with Marketing function leader in the BU to execute programs that will drive near and long term revenue taking into account competitive assessments of product offerings, selling techniques, customer perceptions, pricing, strength/weakness analysis, etc.
· Product Training and Sales Support – oversee execution of effective product and sales training programs for current and new products emphasizing product competitive advantages, “sell against” strategies and tactics and partner with commercial teams to enhance both profitable growth and market share.
How will you get here?
· Bachelor’s degree in sciences preferably, an MBA will be advantageous.
· Strong product and/or technical acumen, capabilities related to the laboratory equipment market are desirable.
· 10+ year’s relevant experience reflective of increasing scope and responsibility in related marketing, product management and commercial roles.
· Has worked in marketing and led customer focused organizations preferable with significant experience managing growth in emerging markets. · Experience managing market development and product portfolios, including driving product development with R/D and setting strategic direction for channel selection and branding.
· Experience in developing and launching new products in a global matrix organization.
· Commercial experience working with customers, channels, and commercial teams.
· Able to work closely with Operations to effectively anticipate and contribute to resolving production challenges and confidently secure product availability and delivery.
· Experience with strategic planning, forecasting, budgeting and analysis of business situations, competitive profiles and pricing analysis.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills working with all levels of employees and leaders.
· Comfortable with domestic and international travel up to 30-40% of the time.
· Demonstrated professional and personal values consistent with the Thermo Fisher 4i Values.
· Strong vision and focus on where to take the business coupled with the courage, drive, and discipline to execute.
· Proven ability to build high levels of employee engagement, high performing teams and bench strength.
· Exceptional performance and a record of achievement demonstrating leadership capabilities in a matrix organization
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join