Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer III
Requisition ID: 58701BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
Recommend and apply engineering methods and procedures to improve product quality to keep plant operational, eliminate waste, reduce cycle time, and improve operating performance. Provide technical support to manufacturing departments through the collection and processing of information relating to assigned projects, followed by evaluation of all information and alternatives resulting in recommendations for a course of action to management.
What will you do?
- Evaluate economic feasibility of capital projects and prepare justifications.
- Develop machine/resource requirements and utilization for long-range business plans.
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation throughout the manufacturing process.
- Resolve shop floor technical issues to achieve shop throughput and quality goals.
- Recommend manufacturing processes and procedures, tools and equipment layouts and methods to improve:
- Flexibility, Set-up time, Manufacturing Cycle Time
- Quality, Preventative Maintenance Program, Safety
- Energy Utilization, Value Added Operations, Material Utilization
- FDA, GMP, ISO9000, Third Party Certification, Customer Satisfaction
- Evaluate product quality, cost, and throughput from Product Design Engineering and configure for production process.
- Actively participate in product development cycle to optimize product productivity.
- Review and approve Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s)
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s Degree in related Engineering field or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience.
- Must have thorough knowledge of various sheet metal fabrication and welding procedures and practices.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must have working knowledge of hard goods manufacturing processes and machinery, along with a good analytical ability to analyze present procedures and make recommendations for improvement to management.
- Must be able to resolve complex problems.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate same across department boundaries and with all levels of management.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join