When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is primarily focused on the customer service aspect of Unity Lab Services. The Lab Equipment Engineer will perform a wide variety of duties related to the installation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of laboratory equipment with minimal supervision. This position will utilize the functionality of systems and applications in support of various customer centric activities which include the Microsoft Office suite of programs and well as internal applications. The tools that will be employed include desktop computers and telephony. Customer interface communication skills are required. It is also expected that this position will have a basic understanding of the performance metrics applicable to site specific activities.
- Assist in the maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of lab equipment and instrumentation in accordance with established Standard Operation Procedure's, including:
- -80 freezers
- -20 freezers
- Under-counter refrigerators
- Cryo Storage Units
- Perform duties as required, specifically related to:
- Freezer Defrost
- Preventative Maintenance
- Corrective Maintenanc
- Effectively communicate with end users on the equipment on maintenance, its tasks and requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic operation of appropriate tools and equipment such as Multi-Meters.
- Complete work orders, logs and paperwork associated with tasks in a reliable, consistent manner.
- Demonstrate high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to respond to emergency calls and building alarms.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Four Year Degree or equivalent
- Computer literate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office program, especially Excel and Outlook.
- Experience using Maximo software for tracking work orders and equipment history.
- Work Overtime, as required
- Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs, with assistance.
- 2+ years of relevant laboratory work experience, preferably biotech/pharmaceutical related.
- Possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site including providing clear, concise communication with customers.
- Collaborate with the on-site commercial team.
- Deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Display a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Work primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at a customer location.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.