Clinical Application Specialist - Mid-Atlantic Region
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are currently looking for a Clinical Applications Specialist with a background in Next Generation Sequencing (NSG) to further strengthen our team. You would be part of a field based team focused on supporting the clinical testing market.
Develop Thermo Fisher business and relationship by providing:
- Primary support for Clinical laboratories with training, validation and troubleshooting for our Thermo Fisher Scientific / Ion Torrent product portfolio (mainly NGS)
- Promotion of clinical solution to existing customers
- Owning the implementation of assays and products / clinical solutions within customer sites
- Responsible for maximizing customer value/satisfaction by aligning complex product solutions and services with key customer initiatives. Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers or potential influencers
- Understanding the clinical landscape and develop a strategy how to best tackle the clinical markets with Clinical Sales counterparts
- Manage relationships with key Thermo Fisher Scientific collaborating partners
Job duties will include the following tasks:
- Review and assist customers with analyses of their Ion Torrent data using Torrent Suite and Ion Reporter software packages
- Help customers design and conducts experiments to assist in evaluations of Ion Torrent / Thermo Fisher products
- Provide initial training to customers at their own CLIA/GLP laboratories and at ThermoFisher training locations
- Provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer inquiries
- Promote new products (clinical solutions) on customer sites and in conferences/user meetings
- Work in collaboration with the Clinical Account Manager to set up the best support strategy for each customer site
- Build strong relationships with customers
- Maintain and develop the CRM database
- Maintain consistent and structured communication with counterparts and articulate summarized communication to Manager on a periodic basis
- Obtain successful adoption of the technology within all applied markets while investigating the potential of other applications and solutions both pre-clinically and clinically
- Align with other teams in the company on a regular basis
- Estimated 50% travel.
- Ideal locations: VA,DC, MD
Experience/Qualifications/Qualities that are important in this role
- BA/BS or MS degree in Life Sciences, PhD preferred
- Experience in NGS sequencing, Capillary Electrophoresis, qPCR, and RT-PCR
- Understanding of healthcare industry standards, guidelines, and environments
- A technically savvy individual who can assess customer clinical needs and implement training and experimental approaches to ensure customer success.
- Previous experience as application specialist desirable (NGS experience desirable)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- A problem solver with proven ability to overcome technical hurdles
- Ability to understand and articulate complex scientific literature and use extensive complex clinical data as a key factor in the sales process
- Strong drive for success
- Medical background, laboratory experience, and/or managed care knowledge desirable skills
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join