The Sr. Director, Internal Communications leads a team communications professionals committed to the creation and delivery of successful, progressive communication strategies that engage, inform and inspire employees around the world.
This talented and innovative leader is responsible for planning, developing and executing company-wide employee communications programs by providing strategic direction on internal initiatives, as well as serving as a trusted communications advisor to leaders across the company.
The position requires an individual with strong leadership capabilities, creativity, a strategic point of view that aligns with the goals of the business, and the ability to earn the confidence of leadership as well as motivate, inspire and influence across groups. Key responsibilities include:
- As the leader of a world class internal communications team, play an instrumental role in the advancement of a values-based culture that attracts and retains top talent, and inspires employees to become brand ambassadors.
- Optimize communications platforms and advance internal technology and new ways to tell a story as part of an integrated communications program. Responsible for enterprise communications vehicles including company intranet, video storytelling, newsletters and live events.
- Oversee leader and manager communications programs to include training, coaching, toolkits and the creation of forums to create powerful connections between employees at all levels of the organization.
- Drive efficiency between enterprise and business line communications, leveraging tools and resources for optimum results.
- To advance organizational change and business transformation activities, develop communications plans and deliverables, and counsel and support senior executives on strategic communications messaging and channels.
- In partnership with Human Resources, drive communications planning and activities in support of onboarding, open enrollment and benefits programs and recruitment marketing.
- Lead the company’s internal communications response to disruptive events as part of a global crisis team.
- Develop and support an incredible team of internal communications professionals and create meaningful opportunities for the professional growth of your team members.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished communications executive with a minimum of 15 years of experience in communications or a related field. The ideal candidate embodies these attributes and possesses these skills and experience:
- An effective communicator with the proven ability to collaborate across business lines and regions in a balanced matrix organization.
- Ability to organize people, tools and technologies and orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish desired results.
- Fluency in the most current communications mediums, and the demonstrated ability to integrate both traditional and progressive communications elements into an integrated plan.
- Excellent writing skills and strong attention to detail.
- Experience working with a global FORTUNE 500 company.
- Degree in communications or related field.
- Ability to manage and inspire global and dispersed teams.
- Demonstrated success in driving employee engagement and communications programs that energize employees and build company pride.
- Strong project management discipline, organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to independently structure and manage workflow and priorities.
- Executive presence and confidence to provide recommendations.
- Innovative approach and continuous drive to improve the work product and processes.
- Able to build strong internal networks and develop relationships.
- Proven track record leading successful teams that meet business objectives.
- Master's Degree.
- Prior external communications experience.