Group: Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG)
Division/Business Unit: BioProduction Commercial (BPD)
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Summary: New Business Specialist - BioProduction, New England
Territory: MA, NH, VT, ME
As the New Business Specialist in the BioProduction Division you will be responsible for developing and establishing Cell Culture and Single Use Technology (SUT) business in the early phase bioprocess development in to ensure that Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Cell Culture & and Single Use Technology is positioned into early development, clinical trials and eventually the commercialization phase.
You will focus on new and existing, entry level clients to create and follow-up leads, demonstrate products capabilities within our customer’s workflows, deliver quotes, and expand the breadth of our business within customer base. Also apply technical expertise to understand scientific customer needs by following the molecule concept.
- Establish GIBCO media and reagents in all early phase molecules in clinical development in biotech companies and be an active advocate in following the molecule from development to market.
- Seek to place SUT products in new Bioprocesses from the rigid and flexible solutions portfolio in all parts of the production workflow from Single Use Bioreactors and Cell factory systems to storage, transport , manifolds and transfer assemblies.
- Understand and bridge the relationship between pre-clinical and clinical phase process development in key pharmaceutical and Biotech accounts.
- Position Thermo Fisher Scientific (TFS) Bioproduction as a solution partner for all bioprocess needs in Upstream development and introduce downstream and analytics capabilities.
- Competes for all existing and develops new sales opportunities within the territory to meet or exceed targets.
- Gathers, analyzes and delivers information from the field to allow TFS to develop strategies and products to better serve the Biopharma Industry.
- Provide accurate forecast and lost order reporting as well as competitive information.
Qualifications / Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences, Chemistry or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years experience in sales of any kind with quota responsibility.
- Minimum 1 year experience in life sciences sales.
- Previous experience in Cell Culture / Upstream Fermentation is an advantage.
- Well organized individual with ability to establish short and long-term business objectives and have a demonstrable record of measuring performance toward those objectives.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and should demonstrate track record of opening doors and developing new business.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join