Group: Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG)
Division/Business Unit: BioProduction Commercial (BPD)
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Summary: BioProduction Account Manager - MA/NY
The BioProduction Account Manager(BAM) is a specialist in Cell Culture products and Single-Use Technology products responsible for selling Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Cell Culture and Single-Use Technology (SUT) portfolio within the MA/NY market. The successful candidate will be expected to utilize sales, product and territory knowledge and work independently in most situations.
- Works independently on daily activity in accordance with sales activity plan.
- Maintain present customer base while actively developing new process opportunities to build strong pipeline of projects that will fuel future growth.
- Meet sales quota as well as expense targets for assigned territory.
- Effective sales strategies and negotiation techniques are needed to proactively seek out sales opportunities and respond to the needs of the customers and potential customers with innovative solutions.
- Receives specific guidance from product management in special sales situations.
- Effective account management and territory management skills need to drive growth.
- Weekly discussions with sales manager and product manager regarding territory activity.
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences, Chemistry or equivalent (Masters degree preferred).
- 3+ years of selling into the Bioproduction market and or industry related experience.
- Established sales history and relationships with the upstream and downstream process development group within key biopharmaceutical accounts in the North East market would be desirable.
- Strong technical skills needed to discuss and support Cell Culture media requirements and bioprocess containers, hardware and controllers used in the production of cell therapy, recombinant proteins and monoclonal antibodies within Process Development, pilot plants and manufacturing sciences.
- Must be able to develop and maintain strong relationships with accounts within the territory.
- Must have the ability to develop knowledge of accounts and key customers and to interpret customer's needs and identify solutions.
- Strong analytical skills needed to analyze territory sales data and technical information.
- Requires the ability to perform independently and as part of a team.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join