When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Immunodiagnostics Division (IDD) of develops, manufactures and markets complete blood test systems to support the clinical diagnosis and monitoring of allergy, asthma and autoimmune diseases. With 1,500 employees based in 25 countries worldwide IDD is the global leader in in-vitro allergy testing and also the European leader in autoimmunity diagnostics.
The Sales Implementation Specialist will be responsible for a territory which is based ideally in Southern California, and will cover the entire West Coast, including the Pacific Northwest as well as Texas. Travel expectation is approximately 70% of the time.
How will you make an impact?
The Sales Implementation Specialist is responsible for moving customers in the implementation phase to revenue recognition. The person in this role will have ongoing opportunity to contribute ideas on ways to resolve problems to better serve the customer and/or improve work flow.
What will you do?
- Support Medical Group Clinical Sales Consultants (MG CSC) and Health System Executives (HSE) to execute the Area HECON sales goal.
- Understand, articulate, and effectively message, our compelling business case and economic value proposition to our customers within IDNs, GPOs, ACOs, regional healthcare systems, providers, payers, and hospital laboratories;
- Identify new leads through market research
- Understand the dynamics of electronic health records especially as it relates to creating access for diagnostic testing.
How will you get here?
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in business (or healthcare related field)
- Leadership experience in your career, academics, or athletics
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently out of your home, and be willing to travel approximately 70% of time
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must have superior listening skills, a genuine customer focus, and a passion for satisfying the customer
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, and effective oral and written communication skills;
- Must be business plan-focused and effectively persistent and persuasive, while also being appropriately flexible and resilient, in order to respond to changing business and customer needs;
- Must be able to effectively strategize both independently and collaboratively to develop plans to maximize sales opportunities.
- Need to be able to “think on your feet”, be well organized, with attention to detail, and results driven;
- Must possess a willingness to learn and understanding of the complexities of healthcare delivery systems and a thorough understanding of healthcare finance/accounting and provider/payer economics;
- Strong analytical problem solving skills in order to identify and resolve unique problems.
- Ability to relate multiple individual processes to the overall project. Attention to detail in the individual processes is important to overall project.
- Computer literacy, including MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to handle pressure of multiple deadlines while maintaining composure and professionalism.
This position has not been approved for relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join