Job ID :
US - Massachusetts - Waltham
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Responsible for managing financial tasks and activities for Corporate Marketing and Digital Marketing functions, including Brand, Analytics, Customer Experience and Trade Shows. Will provide support to senior business and senior finance leadership on Marketing Digital initiatives.
- Position also includes reporting responsibility for Global Marketing financials, in addition to collaborating with divisional finance team and divisional marketing team in understanding marketing funnel health, and digital marketing metrics.
- Will take an active role in building appropriation requests and tracking, and reporting completed project spend and project ROI.
- Work cross-functionally with the Corporate Marketing organization and Digital Marketing team to plan, forecast, and report project costs for the Corporate Marketing platform.
- Provide decision support to Corporate Marketing management through routine actionable reports and as needed ad-hoc analysis.
- Report monthly on the financial health of the Corporate Marketing team. Identify the contributing factors driving variances to AOP & forecast.
- Coordination, completion and review of month end close process and post close reporting cycles. Preparation & presentation of Monthly/Quarterly results and Forecasts.
- Will take a lead role in compiling quarterly QBRs
- Coordinate and drive the Annual Operating Plan process; work with Corporate Marketing leadership to develop the budget; communicate allocations to division leaders.
- Ensure proper coding of invoices and manage vendor relationships to ensure all invoice payments and credits are processed within terms.
- Take high level direction and work independently to drive execution of department goals.
- Ensure accurate, timely and effective responses to ad-hoc requests. Provide coaching on appropriate provisioning of information. Escalate to necessary parties across Thermo Fisher to gain approvals where needed.
- Complete deep dives into results to Marketing and business leaders of emerging trends and proactively identify areas of concern for assigned topics.
- Consult with internal clients and leverage data to answer key questions. Provide recommendations for additional analyses or research and how to measure results based on interventions implemented.
- Proactively identify opportunity areas where special analysis may help improve financial and work force decisions.
- Proficiency in the following areas: financial analysis and reporting, forecasting, internal control and technical accounting knowledge.
- Strong business acumen as well as the ability to make logical assumptions, identify trends, incorporate external and internal information, and effectively benchmark results against appropriate baselines.
- Strong written communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills, are required. The ideal candidate will have the ability to obtain operational buy-in with easy to understand analysis and presentations with the ability to engage in communication at the executive level.
- Proven history of leading cross functional teams as well as the ability to build organizational relationships with customers, peers and operating partners.
- It is required that the candidate has the ability to manage multiple assignments, has good judgment, and prioritizes projects and time effectively.
- The ideal candidate will have a commitment to continuous learning, show career progression and development, and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Excellent skills with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint are required; skills with Oracle, HFM, SAP, COGNOS are preferred.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with individuals and teams from different areas, drive accountability and continuous process improvement in daily activities.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Advanced Qualification Preferred (MBA, CPA, or MS)
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Finance or Accounting role.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join