Intern Identity Access Management
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $20 billion, we have approximately 65,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
Summary of Internship
The Identity and Access Department at Thermo Fisher, is seeking an enthusiastic and self-starting individual to fill an intern position. Our Identity and Access Management team comprise of architects and engineers covering the globe, supporting over 80,000 employees.
Amongst many of the core responsibilities within activity directory, such as DNS and DHCP which the Intern will learn about, and learn to take action on some of the standard tickets, this Interns responsibilities will be to assist primarily in an effort to cleanup active directory security groups at Thermo Fisher. Furthermore, as part of this initiative, the Intern will be involved in several planning sessions and numerous working sessions to attempt to create a roles based identity model at Thermo Fisher for a small subset of users.
- Positive and upbeat, quality verbal and writing skills.
- A strong capability to keep track of and manage a high volume of tasks and priorities
- Team player with a self-starter attitude willing to jump in wherever needed to assist.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and execute work which will include but will not be limited to:
- Changing employee security groups and passwords, tracking down account lockout issues, assisting with the documentation of our identity platforms, meeting with requestors to fully qualify requirements.
- Previous Windows Server configuration/management experience.
- Basic understanding of DNS/DHCP.
- Further Information Technology interests or experience a plus.
- Currently enrolled in collegiate
- Interested in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Cloud Engineering
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join