Job Title: Product Manager - Secondary Antibodies
Requisition ID: 59014BR
Location: Carlsbad, CA or Rockford, IL
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
Product Management at Thermo Fisher Scientific interfaces directly with customers and industry thought leaders to understand the existing and future technology needs of the marketplace and adapt our product portfolio to match those needs. The Product Manager will provide strategic vision and execution of tactical programs for new and existing products in the secondary antibodies portfolio. The position will also be asked to lead other product management activities, including market research, sales support and implementation of product line strategies. The position will interact with Market Development, R&D, Sales, and Operations teams and other stakeholders to meet revenue and profitability goals. The ideal candidate will be able to operate independently, exercising good judgment within generally defined practices and policies, and will combine a passion for science with an understanding of marketing and customer needs to thrive in a fast-paced business environment.
What will you do?
- Achieving financial targets for the secondary antibodies portfolio
- Lead customer experience vision, strategy, and portfolio development roadmap
- Provide thought leadership and work collaboratively with internal and external partners, including Market Development, Sales and Service & Support
- Communicate compelling product concepts, requirements, constraints to senior management and stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with cross functional business teams to execute the product roadmap and achieve successful commercialization
- Product lifecycle management including product development, launch, maintenance, and discontinuation.
- Monitor the competitive landscape, identify opportunities and threats to our business
- Monitor, understand and identify key customer needs and define opportunities for growth
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable life science discipline – advanced degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience managing antibody product lines
- Self-motivated and results-oriented analytical thinker, with a track record of driving to results
- Able to build relationships, influence others, and work effectively with colleagues across multiple functions and geographic locations
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and consistency
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Specific knowledge and hands-on experience with antibody-based techniques, products, technology, competitors, and customers
- 3-4 years of related experience in Marketing (may include a background in product management, market research, business development, and/or sales)
- Product development experience
- Ability to travel up to 25%, both domestically and internationally
- This position is based in Carlsbad, CA or Rockford, IL
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join