This finance leader will have direct exposure to the Laboratory Products Division (LPD) senior leadership team and five business units. This role is responsible to provide strong business partnership support for the functional LPD leadership team. The Sr. FP&A Manager will contribute to the development and execution of the annual operating plan (AOP) and play an integral part in aligning the team goals with division leadership expectations.
- Business partner to VP Marketing, VP Integration & Portfolio Enablement, and Sr. Director IT
- Provide financial metrics and analyses to facilitate sound business decisions (e.g. ratio trends, profitability by business segment, customer profitability, etc.)
- Manage product vitality reporting and support stage gate process with VP Portfolio Enablement
- Support VP Integration by managing LPD synergy forecast, model requirements to achieve commitments, and meet Integration Management Office (IMO) requests
- Partner with Sr. Director IT and Corporate IT Finance to drive standardized and automated reporting, adhering to requirements and driving better visibility across IT function
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc financial reporting as required.
- Planning & Forecasting:
- Leverage business partner, business acumen, and technical skills to develop robust plan for Division functional leaders
- Manage analytics, reporting, and financial recommendations associated with Global G&A and Selling
- Global LPD Controllership
- Manage LPD rep letter process, annual supplemental, and revenue by geo / industry reporting requirements
- Ensure compliance of financial reporting through close cycle by reviewing results and creating standard work
- Manage divisional audit support as required
- Maintain LPD AAM
- Manage team of 2 individuals supporting FP&A processes and Opex Functions
- Coach, mentor and develop team to drive continuous improvement reporting and analytics
- Lead business partners through Annual Operating and Strategic Planning processes
- Lead senior leadership team in coordinating the preparation of consolidated Quarterly Business Review presentations
- Lead strategic initiatives across multiple functions and locations to improve profitability and meet AOP goals
- Bachelor’s degree and/or MBA in Accounting or Finance.
- Prior experience in an FP&A Management role.
- Excellent problem solving skills with attention to detail; ability to step back and analyze the overall business impact.
- Willingness to dig into details and analyze variances and trends.
- Excellent financial modeling skills.
- The successful candidate also has very good overall business skills; he/she does not limit the scope of responsibilities to FP&A, but helps to develop solutions to broad business issues.
- Experience in a global manufacturing organization is desired, as is experience in installation of financial systems and development of product cost methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM).
- Superior quantitative and analytical capabilities with Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills; Strong financial systems capabilities (HFM, CMR, SAP).
- Must be able to work well under pressure, handling multiple tasks in a complex environment with strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills, able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to travel 10% of time
- The successful candidate is bright, personable, highly ethical, and thrives in a collaborative and changing environment
- He/she has excellent, open, polished, and proactive communication capabilities, identifying and addressing issues via an open, candid dialog
- Outstanding leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in a large, multi-currency, international operating company.
- Track record of developing meaningful relationships at all levels within an organization – at both the business unit and divisional level, and can operate effectively in a matrixed reporting structure.
- High level of energy; can bring a passion to excel.
- Able to energize and influence a wide spectrum of people, including senior financial and operational professionals.
- Assertive, yet collaborative in approach.
- Possess a strong set of personal and business values that coincide with those of the 4I’s (Integrity, Intensity, Innovation & Involvement).
- Believes in and demands accountability.
- Ability to thrive and manage in a complex business environment.