The Sr. Financial Analyst will support the $1.8B Laboratory Products Division (LPD) division and will have direct exposure to the executive leadership team. The primary function of the analyst will be to provide business partner support for the functional leaders specifically the LPD VP Integration, VP Strategy and Portfolio, and other functional executive leaders as needed. The position reports directly to the LPD Finance Director and will be a member of the Division Finance Team. Key responsibilities include:
- Support monthly forecast (Management Business Review) and annual budget processes.
- Coordinate with Finance counterparts around the global to help ensure that the detailed requirements and deliverables are met
- Prepare the monthly and quarterly performance package and provide a thorough analysis of variances to current plan.
- Advise management on key financial drivers. Work with management team on controlling expenses.
- Report and maintain global financial strategy deployment and synergy tracking
- Focused on continuous process improvement and challenging the status quo to streamline processes, identify root cause countermeasures, and deliver actionable results
- Analyze financial and business performance against key business metrics and document pertinent financial highlights that will enable management to determine progress against strategic / business plan and budgets.
- Assist in the design of systems and processes to gather and report business critical information.
- Ensures our finance team adheres to all company policies and procedures as established.
- Improve business case development to prioritize R&D budget across the division and enforce discipline throughout stage gate processes
- Maintain high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and plans.
- Perform or lead special projects and ad-hoc financial reporting as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or MBA in Accounting or Finance.
- Prior experience in an FP&A or Sr. Financial Analyst role.
- Excellent problem solving skills with attention to detail; ability to step back and analyze the overall business impact.
- Willingness to dig into details and analyze variances and trends.
- Excellent financial modeling skills.
- The successful candidate also has very good overall business skills; he/she does not limit the scope of responsibilities to FP&A, but helps to develop solutions to broad business issues. Experience in a global manufacturing organization is desired, as is experience in installation of financial systems and development of product cost methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM).
- Superior quantitative and analytical capabilities with Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills; Strong financial systems capabilities (HFM, CMR, SAP).
- Must be able to work well under pressure, handling multiple tasks in a complex environment with strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills, able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to travel 10% of time.
- The successful candidate is bright, personable, highly ethical, and thrives in a collaborative and changing environment.
- He/she has excellent, open, polished, and proactive communication capabilities, identifying and addressing issues via an open, candid dialog.
- Outstanding leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a large, multi-currency, international operating company.
- Track record of developing meaningful relationships at all levels within an organization – at both the business unit and divisional level, and can operate effectively in a matrixed reporting structure.
- High level of energy; can bring a passion to excel.
- Able to energize and influence a wide spectrum of people, including senior leadership team.
- Assertive, yet collaborative in approach.
- Possess a strong set of personal and business values that coincide with those of the 4I’s (Integrity, Intensity, Innovation & Involvement).
- Believes in and demands accountability.
- Ability to thrive and manage in a complex business environment.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join